Confirmed with Link: Habs Claim Sam Montembeault from the Panthers

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They must feel Primeau needs more AHL time, and with the way he's played in his last few NHL games, I can see why. Don't rush him, let him go to Laval and be the starter. With McNiven I don't think they want to rely on him, although I do think he will see some NHL games at some point in his career with some team.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Has to be Price related. I guess he's missing the first few games.

Yea. I think so, too.

But when Price is back (since he's not expected to miss much), curious what the plan will be afterwards. Because Habs will have Price and Allen in the NHL. And then they will have Primeau, McNiven, and Montembeault. And Poulin, who will bt in 3R.

Reactions: Walrus26

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Would have been our (FLA) fourth string goalie this year.
In Spring 2019, when Luongo was perpetually injured and Reimer was losing games every time he played, we gave Monty a few games in the NHL. Since then, we signed a $10m goalie to a 7y contract because management wasn't confident in his future here, and then he was jumped on the depth char by Driedger, Knight, and now Christopher Gibson.

Reactions: abo9 and Habs10Habs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Will prob just end up playing the game vs Buffalo (2nd game of a b2b), and then be waived with Price coming back.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad