Do we overcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They need to make a trade, and I’m not talking about one of the young whipping boys.
It doesn't matter. It's the environment. They'll figure it out and get their timing back eventually but it's going to take a while. They only have three games the rest of the month. Maybe in a month they'll have their game back in order. Maybe.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I’m really baffled how anyone can look at Trotz’ almost 2 decade body of work and not see the obvious. His teams do not play a precision game on offense. They do not move the puck well. His strength is pushing buttons with lower echelon players and that’s about it.

This town deserves better.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
So during the break our players feel the need to go to exotic places and party instead of hanging around town..oh I forgot there is nothing to do in Washington D.C.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I’m really baffled how anyone can look at Trotz’ almost 2 decade body of work and not see the obvious. His teams do not play a precision game on offense. They do not move the puck well. His strength is pushing buttons with lower echelon players and that’s about it.

Give it a rest

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
tire-fire.jpg

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
What the heck does that even mean? They hit the post twice on breakaways. 3 other times I remember... thats 5 goals that clearly beat Gruby. He wasn't good.
The Canadians hit 5 posts and fanned on several shots when it should have been a layup. Grubauer didnt really play great. We should have been blown out

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
The culture of this organization and these players are not built to last for the two months of playoff hockey. Physically or mentally.
They don’t play the right way that will succeed. Too cute. Too soft. Too east west. Too careless.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Anyone who takes anything from a back to back situation just isn't thinking clearly.

It's like OT and the shootout, the result skews the record and is predictive of nothing once the games actually mean something.

Points are all that matter, Caps didn't get any against a garbage team and that sucks but what can you do? They just came off of getting points in 13 of 15 games.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I wish Burakovsky scored. This young man needs a confidence boost. Let's hope his penalty doesn't translate into another healthy scratch.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

That's why I think next year he should be the assistant coach somewhere like Lindy Ruff. He's useful in some ways still but something is missing with him. And his teams are boring as shit.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You guys are flipping out over this loss? Go back and read what you were saying 3 weeks ago when we were riding a 10 game winning streak at home.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Anyone who takes anything from a back to back situation just isn't thinking clearly.

It's like OT and the shootout, the result skews the record and is predictive of nothing once the games actually mean something.

Points are all that matter, Caps didn't get any against a garbage team and that sucks but what can you do? They just came off of getting points in 13 of 15 games.

There just isn’t any change to this team from other failures. Do you honestly think this team has changed enough that they are all of the sudden going to be able to play 2 months of intense playoff hockey?

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
The goal doesn't happen if Backstrom makes the extra 3 strides to get to Byron in the slot. Instead, he did a lazy pokecheck.

That's been #19's season, not as focused as he was last year.
I know that. I'm saying we didnt play that well as a unit. A lot of mental lapses tonight.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
There just isn’t any change to this team from other failures. Do you honestly think this team has changed enough that they are all of the sudden going to be able to play 2 months of intense playoff hockey?

Not at all. This team isn't winning the Cup and will be out pretty early.

I wanted them to tank for Dahlin or Svechnikov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad