Pre-Game Talk: #Habs@Bruins (12-02-20/7:30PM/SN, SN360, NBCSN, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You reek of envy when ever you post on the Bruins.

They have 2 players in the top 7 scores in the league. Hab have not had that in 40 years.

Pasta is 22 leads league in goals scored all season. Yet you brag about Danaults skill level. lol

Macavoy, Krug and Carlo are young guys and better than any D on the Canadiens.

Bergevin is banged up super star that still averages a point a game. No Canadiens forward has done that (healthy) in decades.

Chara still healthy enough to fight, hit, and play top pair all the way to the finals just last spring.

Coyle score 9 play off goals last spring. Thats a good season for some habs young forwards.

The kid DeBrusk is a grinder for them yet will out score pretty well every player on the Habs roster.

The floundering Canadiens dont even have the parts to get the problems you claim the Bruins have.
Dude, where have you been? I've been watching teams ebb and flow for half a century. You think the Bruins are anything special? Please. They're not even close to recent dynasties like the Hawks or Pens, and even LA for a few years. Chicago and LA fell back to Earth. Unless Boston is made of fairy dust their turn is next.

And you bring up a random comment about Danault like it has anything to do with this. I mean... what?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Dude, where have you been? I've been watching teams ebb and flow for half a century. You think the Bruins are anything special? Please. They're not even close to recent dynasties like the Hawks or Pens, and even LA for a few years. Chicago and LA fell back to Earth. Unless Boston is made of fairy dust their turn is next.

And you bring up a random comment about Danault like it has anything to do with this. I mean... what?
Who the hell said anything about Dynasty ?

LA and Chicago contended and won Cups and then go down. Yep, Nobody can be champion for ever. What great insight.

You have been calling for the Bruins to suck forvever. One of the years you will be right. No kidding.

But this summer you said it would be this season.......................you cant even admit they are surprising you sitting in first place.

I always like your posts but when you talk about the Bruins, it sounds like all those leafs fans I used to hear when I lived in Toronto talking about my Habs . Just could not admit the habs were what they WISHED their Leafs were. Envy is almost impossible to hide.

cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: HOLDEN44FAN

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Who the hell said anything about Dynasty ?

LA Chicago contended and won Cup and then go down. Yep Nobody can be champion for ever. What great insight.

You have been calling for the Bruins to suck forvever. One of the years you will be right. No kidding.

But this summer you said it would be this year.......................you cant even admit they are surprising you sitting in first place.

I always like your posts but when you talk about the Bruins, it sounds like all those leafs fans I used to hear when I lived in Toronto talking about my Habs . Just could not admit the habs were what they WISHED their Leafs were. Envy is almost impossible to hide.

cheers
I called the Bruins to decline this season. The season's not over. And if I'm off by a year, who cares? My prediction will be a lot closer than the people I originally responded to who saw the Bruins contending for another 5 to 10 years (seriously).

FYI, I've been razzing the Leafs and Bruins since the 70s when the Habs were kicking their butts. It has nothing to do with envy and everything to do with rivalry. Check out the Bruins board and read some of their comments about the Habs. Winning, losing, up or down, makes no difference to a rivalry.

Reactions: Le Tricolore

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
God I miss those incredible playoffs against the bruins with camalleri sniping everything into the net and Dale Weise/Alexei Emelin making Milan Lucic his b**h. It seems to be 30 years ago, now all we get to watch is irrelevant hockey and hoping for a top 10 pick… inacceptable

Last edited:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I for one am surprised that outside of the Pens and Leaf trades the rumour mill and trade front has been quiet this year.

With the Pens adding Zucker you gotta think the teams looking to go all in are going to want to add soon.

Montreal is in an odd spot as is many in the East as the fight for the wildcard spots are within reach for many. With a game against the Bruins tonight it could really shake Montreal out of the picture if they lose.

Or with a win it could shake the Bruins to action so they don't slip.

The Race is on

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You just know the Habs will figure out a way to win this just to keep our playoffs hope alive.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials

CR05.jpg
JH15.jpg

Referees Chris Rooney (5), Jean Hebert (15)
Linesmen Kiel Murchison (79), Derek Amell (75)

Ntl. Anthem Todd Angilly
PA Announcer: Jim Martin

Clearedwaivers

Feb 27, 2017
You reek of envy when ever you post on the Bruins.

They have 2 players in the top 7 scores in the league. Hab have not had that in 40 years.

Pasta is 22 leads league in goals scored all season. Yet you brag about Danaults skill level. lol

Macavoy, Krug and Carlo are young guys and better than any D on the Canadiens.

Bergevin is banged up super star that still averages a point a game. No Canadiens forward has done that (healthy) in decades.

Chara still healthy enough to fight, hit, and play top pair all the way to the finals just last spring.

Coyle score 9 play off goals last spring. Thats a good season for some habs young forwards.

The kid DeBrusk is a grinder for them yet will out score pretty well every player on the Habs roster.

The floundering Canadiens dont even have the parts to get the problems you claim the Bruins have.
I like this post. Really puts things in perspective. I’ve been trying to explain this to an overly optimistic friend of mine. When you look at the Atlantic division, there are easily 4 other teams moving forward with much better cores than us. It’s going to be really difficult, all things being equal, for this team to be a playoff team in the foreseeable future. We could really be looking at a few years, where the wild card is the only possibility.

Reactions: PaulD

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Pretty sad with the state of the team im more excited with "survivor" tonight then the habs and bruins. Expect a loss before games start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad