Pre-Game Talk: #Habs@Bruins (12-02-20/7:30PM/SN, SN360, NBCSN, RDS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I’d give you props for your prediction if they weren’t the best team in the league.
Anaheim and San Jose were powerhouses for a decade. LA was a multiple Cup winner. Chicago was a dynasty. Those contenders are now crap.

Boston's roster is apparently made up of magical elves who never age. Let 'em enjoy the illusion before it ends.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
He is a bartender at TD Garden - also a probation offer in the daytime

cut.jpg
Man, that guy's got one of the more interesting answers to the question, "What do you do for a living?"

Reactions: Fenway

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Going to be in a recording studio tonight with all phones turned off, which might turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I called the Bruins to decline this season. The season's not over. And if I'm off by a year, who cares? My prediction will be a lot closer than the people I originally responded to who saw the Bruins contending for another 5 to 10 years (seriously).

FYI, I've been razzing the Leafs and Bruins since the 70s when the Habs were kicking their butts. It has nothing to do with envy and everything to do with rivalry. Check out the Bruins board and read some of their comments about the Habs. Winning, losing, up or down, makes no difference to a rivalry.
Bruins will be better than the Habs for years.

They have 3 forwards right now better than any forwards the habs have had since Lafleur was in his prime.

In the last decade you speak of they have gone from the finals to out of the play offs and back to the finals. ...all the while the habs suck wind. Bruins will go down one day to the Canadiens lever of failing bubble team ....then they will build back up and lap the Canadiens again.

That crystal ball you carry that tells you all about the Bruins woes to come. What has it been telling you about the Canadiens I wonder? ;)

Reactions: Peterpl

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
As
Anaheim and San Jose were powerhouses for a decade. LA was a multiple Cup winner. Chicago was a dynasty. Those contenders are now crap.

Boston's roster is apparently made up of magical elves who never age. Let 'em enjoy the illusion before it ends.
Illusion of what? Contending every year? Ending the hated leafs season every year? Going to the Finals ....again last June? Being in first place as you write this post? LOL Its all an illusion is it?. They are really worse off than the Canadiens if you look beyond the smoke and mirrors of the standings, play off wins, and goal scoring leaders.

Tell me, what year did you begin "predicting" Ali would not be champ...... forever. :laugh:

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Bruins will be better than the Habs for years.

They have 3 forwards right now better than any forwards the habs have had since Lafleur was in his prime.

In the last decade you speak of they have gone from the finals to out of the play offs and back to the finals. ...all the while the habs suck wind. Bruins will go down one day to the Canadiens lever of failing bubble team ....then they will build back up and lap the Canadiens again.

That crystal ball you carry that tells you all about the Bruins woes to come. What has it been telling you about the Canadiens I wonder? ;)
Don't need a crystal ball to tell me that every team peaks, declines, and spends time looking up at their rivals. Wishful thinking won't slow down the inevitable.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As

As opposed the the Canadiens who just stay where you predict the Bruins will one day be.

Yet they have the best goal scorer in the league.........and he is 22.
You're old enough to know that four/five years is not exactly an era. Man, the tunnel vision in this thread is impressive.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
As

Illusion of what? Contending every year? Ending the hated leafs season every year. Going to the Finals ....again last June. Being in first place as you write this post. LOL Its all an illusion. They are really worse off than the Canadiens if you look beyond the smoke and mirrors of the standings.

Tell me, what year did begin "predicting" Ali would not be champ...... forever. :laugh:
You're fascinated by comparisons that don't exist. Anaheim, LA and San Jose's decline has nothing to do with the Habs. Bruins impending decline also has nothing to do with the Habs.

Enjoy the Bruins and their magical ageless elves.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Don't need a crystal ball to tell me that every team peaks, declines, and spends time looking up at their rivals. Wishful thinking won't slow down the inevitable.

Every teams peaks and declines ............. no kidding. And the Bruins are still peaking.

Like your envy of the Bruins.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Every teams peaks and declines ............. no kidding. And the Bruins are still peaking.

Like your envy of the Bruins.
Yeah, just like San Jose was still peaking a year ago and Anaheim before that. And people just like you were laughing at claims of their decline.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You're fascinated by comparisons that don't exist. Anaheim, LA and San Jose's decline has nothing to do with the Habs. Bruins impending decline also has nothing to do with the Habs.

Enjoy the Bruins and their magical ageless elves.

You are right about "comparisons that don't exist"
1. The Bruins have not declined.
2. The Habs have not inclined.........there fore cant decline.

But one of the these years you will finally be right. Bruins will drop out of first place and totally annual Cup contender. But so far every season....you are wrong. Its a not yet.

And one day Connor McDavid will decline and retire too.

Here is a prediction for ya. The KC Chiefs will be experiencing a decline like the Patriots did.

"Enjoy the illusion" Chief fans. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017

Changing the prediction from declining “this season” to declining “eventually”?

... way to go out on a limb. lol

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
You are right.
1. The Bruins have not declined.
2. Tha Habs have not inclined.........there fore cant decline.

But one of the these years you will finally be right.........after so many of being wrong.

Here is a prediction for ya. The KC Chiefs will be experiencing a decline like the Patriots did.

Enjoy the illusion Chief fans. :laugh:
I predicted the Bruins decline last summer. 7 months ago. "So many years..."... what are you talking about man?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Changing the prediction from declining “this season” to declining “eventually”?

... way to go out on a limb. lol
Make believe crap about "Eventually" that I never said. If this year becomes next year I'll be just fine, thanks. Meanwhile, you totally avoided any predictions. Way to go out on a limb.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Nope. If this year becomes next year I'll be just fine, thanks. Meanwhile, you totally avoided any predictions. Way to go out on a limb.
:laugh: Yea, I know thats what I tell my bookie all the time. My losing bet gets passed over to the next time the two teams play.

Keep that up until im on the right end of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I called the Bruins to decline this season. The season's not over. And if I'm off by a year, who cares? My prediction will be a lot closer than the people I originally responded to who saw the Bruins contending for another 5 to 10 years (seriously).

FYI, I've been razzing the Leafs and Bruins since the 70s when the Habs were kicking their butts. It has nothing to do with envy and everything to do with rivalry. Check out the Bruins board and read some of their comments about the Habs. Winning, losing, up or down, makes no difference to a rivalry.
and i predicted long ago that one of these years Lshaps prediction of the Bruins decline will be right.

Then they will rebuild better than the Habs ever do.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
and i predicted long ago that one of these years Lshaps prediction of the Bruins decline will be right.

Then they will rebuild better than the Habs ever do.
Again with this make-believe nonsense. I didn’t say any of these things. Respond to what I’ve actually said or don’t waste my time.

At least I had the balls to make a semi-bold prediction. Where's your prediction? Oh yeah -- "good teams will be good and bad teams will be bad". Courageous take. Talk about going out on a limb…

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad