Post-Game Talk: Habs beat Wings in shootout !

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I dunno if this is a running theme throughout the league but the Habs last few games have just been a tire fire from an officiating standpoint.

I don't recognize alot of them but it's as if the league looked at Chris Lee and decided that it's a good idea to hire more steaming turds.

Apr 28, 2010
I only saw the 3rd period, so I can only comment on the 2nd wings goal. I thought WiFi got caught in no man's land in the neutral zone which allowed the wings entry into the zone, and things never really got set for them defensively after that.

It should have been a nothing play, but WiFi was just caught snoozing a bit.
Yeah I guess this usually happens when you have two lefties playing together and one has to play on the right side.
He played a better game than against Vegas. Montreal had 34 minutes in penalties tonight, although that includes a 10 minute misconduct to Savard, so 24 minutes of actual pk time. That's a period+ just in killing penalties.

Eddie, Kovacevic, Savard & Guhle were effective down low, although we were actually pretty weak on our clearing attempts - forwards included.

It was an overall gutsy effort by the team, and Allen deserved the win. He was outstanding after being below average versus Vegas.
Yeah Eddy is still probably getting into game shape. Must expect the same when Matheson comes back. Safe to say Kovacevic should be given Wideman's spot.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Another Quebec coach still living decades ago. This province really needs to go scorched earth when it comes to its approach on hockey. It's becoming embarassing at this point. In any case, he's been envious about MSL since the hiring. He's having a hard time dealing with the fact a guy with no experience is just plain better than he was and will likely be able to coach a team for longer than a year without losing the room.
That philosophy has given us 30+ years of boring hockey. I don't care how many dinosaurs think that's how hockey should be played. I want offense. I want to be entertained. Enough with the 2-1 games with the goalie being the only superstar on the team.

Reactions: dinodebino

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Just watch the highlights.

Caufield and Suzuki - sick goal in shootout. Such confidence and shot precision. Haven't seen that since Kovalev.

Slaf - probably looking at a suspension. But whatevs... Time for have to give and stop receiving. Hope that dude that he hit is ok. Will check later to see what TSN talking heads say.

Sounds like officiating was top notch, as usual.

pylero

gone abs gone
Jan 4, 2014
Montreal
Perfect night for the tank. The team (i.e. Allen) managed to pull out a win in spite of playing half the game shorthanded. You need those for morale and confidence, but they will be hurting tomorrow night. As it stands, it's better losing to Vancouver than Detroit. Plus, coming out flat on 7 PPs at home should light a fire under the Wings. Season is still early, they will be competing for a WC spot all year IMO.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Nice idea but let’s take it a step further by also creating the no vision/ instant gratification addict thread, wouldn’t want you to feel like you’re less important than us because you don’t care about building a real cup contender.

This is what is wrong with North American pro sports.

Youre not wrong, but it's ass backwards and unnatural to intentionally cheer for your team to lose.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Jake Allen brilliant.

The Hoff scores twice ...

Suzuki and Caufield win shootout

Wtf Drouin??
Drouin wants to play in Laval..................he really does.

I dunno if this is a running theme throughout the league but the Habs last few games have just been a tire fire from an officiating standpoint.

I don't recognize alot of them but it's as if the league looked at Chris Lee and decided that it's a good idea to hire more steaming turds.
The officiating, has been nothing short of a joke so far this season, but last night was a real wow.......

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I'll go a step further, ban them!

Never cheer for your team to lose, that's totally gross. GTFO!
What about if I cheer them during the game, but if we lose, I cheer for the 1st overall pick and if we win, I think we are cup bound. Come along for the rollercoaster that is my fandom.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad