Post-Game Talk: Habs beat the Blues and Hell freezes over

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Really? I mean, I don't want to sound sarcastic. You might be sarcastic or just saying the thruth, I missed games because I was out most of nights. I can't judge wheh I don't watch games.
I mean, he hasn't been exceptional, but he's been hustling, creating a lot of plays, getting shots on net. He's been a decent bottom 6 player the last few games. I've liked his play on the PP.

He's certainly not living up to his cap hit, his 3OA status or the fact that he was traded for Sergachev, but he's looked like a bottom 6 nhler. The most we can hope for I guess. I just don't have too much issues with his game right now. Maybe it's because I have reasonable expectations as I don't think he'll be a top 6 player.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Really? I mean, I don't want to sound sarcastic. You might be sarcastic or just saying the thruth, I missed games because I was out most of nights. I can't judge wheh I don't watch games.
He means Drouin had been playing well for Drouin standards.

“Oh look, Drouin put in a good effort”, let’s all clap together to boost his morale like we do to toddlers.

I’m sure whatever it is it will be short lived, the jury laid out the verdict many moons ago with Jonathan.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He means Drouin had been playing well for Drouin standards.

“Oh look, Drouin put in a good effort”, let’s all clap together to boost his morale like we do to toddlers.

I’m sure whatever it is it will be short lived, the jury laid out the verdict many moons ago with Jonathan.
Pretty much. My bar for Drouin is pretty low and for a good chunk of the last two years he hasn't even hit that. So, this is an improvement by my low standards

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I mean, he hasn't been exceptional, but he's been hustling, creating a lot of plays, getting shots on net. He's been a decent bottom 6 player the last few games. I've liked his play on the PP.

He's certainly not living up to his cap hit, his 3OA status or the fact that he was traded for Sergachev, but he's looked like a bottom 6 nhler. The most we can hope for I guess. I just don't have too much issues with his game right now. Maybe it's because I have reasonable expectations as I don't think he'll be a top 6 player.
It sounds like when I see nice plays from him once in a while. The same night he can make an ugly turnover and fans here will only remember his bad moves. Maybe he still have a future in NHL, if he sign at the good price, let's say between 1,5 and 2.5M. But for another team of course. 95% fans here can't stand him anymore. Not that he is a bad person but he doesn't deliver for his salary and talent expectation.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Pretty much. My bar for Drouin is pretty low and for a good chunk of the last two years he hasn't even hit that. So, this is an improvement by my low standards

1673280090663.png

Reactions: jaffy27

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
It sounds like when I see nice plays from him once in a while. The same night he can make an ugly turnover and fans here will only remember his bad moves. Maybe he still have a future in NHL, if he sign at the good price, let's say between 1,5 and 2.5M. But for another team of course. 95% fans here can't stand him anymore. Not that he is a bad person but he doesn't deliver for his salary and talent expectation.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a team take a chance on him for cheap money. Teams have been taking a flyer on Galchenyuk. Drouin will definitely at minimum get a PTO if he finishes the season playing as he currently is.

I just think he is done as a hab.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I wouldn't be surprised to see a team take a chance on him for cheap money. Teams have been taking a flyer on Galchenyuk. Drouin will definitely at minimum get a PTO if he finishes the season playing as he currently is.

I just think he is done as a hab.

He better f***ing be.

If they bring Drouin back again it will rock my confidence in this management team and I have a very high degree of confidence in them right now.

• Haha
Reactions: Andy and jaffy27

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Quebec pop? what on Earth is that? What does it taste like?
Only Quebec pop I saw was the brand they serve at Tousignant but there was none that were no sugar.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Speaking of pop, whenever I go to Schwartz or Montreal Pool Room, they only carry the high carb Cherry Coke. I’ve asked the staff why they don’t offer the no sugar version, they claim it’s not available. And yet Maxi carries it.

I have some at home. So now when I go to Schwartz, I do a takeout and have my smoked meat at home with my no sugar Cherry Coke. No fries, no pickles, no coleslaw, no bread just medium fat smoked meat goodness.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad