Speculation: Habs at the trade deadline

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs will take Weber at 50%off your hands.:thumbu::naughty:

But seriously, he probably moves out vets or UFAs...i don't see him having a sale on core guys.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
Montreal have quite a bit of players who can play a top 9 role.

I think for the right price Shaw, Biron, Hudon and maybe Armia or Lekenon could be had.

I don’t think all would be traded but one maybe two.

Gallagher is staying.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
My wishlist is Price, Weber, Petry, Benn, Byron, Drouin, Tatar and Shaw traded. Most likely Benn, and one of Shaw, Byron or Tatar unfortunately.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Whose going?

Who do you want?

Is gallagher available?

Bergevin held a press conference and had a hard time not showing his poker hand.

Who gets traded?
Petry may be traded as his value is sky high right now. But move for summer I would imagine. Every August and September 31 teams think they have a shot at cup. Best return be then.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Whose going?

Who do you want?

Is gallagher available?

Bergevin held a press conference and had a hard time not showing his poker hand.

Who gets traded?

Bergevin will sell his depth vets or do nothing. No core players are getting traded at the deadline.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I fell like they aren’t going to go to nuts on the moves just expiring contracts. Due to the age/contract of Weber and Price I doubt they’ll blow it up.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
MB literally said what yesterday or the day before that he's not going to be much of a seller or buyer at the deadline. Benn, Neimi, and Agostino are likely the selling options.

That being said it's MB so he's the type who's always willing to make a drastic trade especially 1 for 1. I could see him doing a lateral move if the price is right and now that Dudley is gone it might not be horrible.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Petry may be traded as his value is sky high right now. But move for summer I would imagine. Every August and September 31 teams think they have a shot at cup. Best return be then.

Haha good thinking. I like that. Petry while his value is high... Im hoping gallagher gets traded as well.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
MB literally said what yesterday or the day before that he's not going to be much of a seller or buyer at the deadline. Benn, Neimi, and Agostino are likely the selling options.

That being said it's MB so he's the type who's always willing to make a drastic trade especially 1 for 1. I could see him doing a lateral move if the price is right and now that Dudley is gone it might not be horrible.

Why is dudley being gone make the trade less horrible?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

This is the worst position to be in, it doesn't seem like there is a direction. If you think you're a playoff team, help the group. If you don't think you are, you sell if you get good value on damn near anyone.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This is the worst position to be in, it doesn't seem like there is a direction. If you think you're a playoff team, help the group. If you don't think you are, you sell if you get good value on damn near anyone.

Youngest forward core in the league combined with a top 5 prospect pool. If there were more assets to sell of then that'd be one thing but there's no way to sell of a major asset without creating a gap. Brook or Juulsen are still a year or two away from taking a top 4 role so Petry is still needed to help the team progress, Byron just got signed for 4 years and is stabizing lines and helping Kotkaneimi develop right now. Shaw is doing the same thing for Drouin and Domi so he's a required asset right now. Next season they might be for sale but now isn't the time. This is perhaps the only time in his career that it's wise for MB not to do anything other than sell off UFAs

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Youngest forward core in the league combined with a top 5 prospect pool. If there were more assets to sell of then that'd be one thing but there's no way to sell of a major asset without creating a gap. Brook or Juulsen are still a year or two away from taking a top 4 role so Petry is still needed to help the team progress, Byron just got signed for 4 years and is stabizing lines and helping Kotkaneimi develop right now. Shaw is doing the same thing for Drouin and Domi so he's a required asset right now. Next season they might be for sale but now isn't the time. This is perhaps the only time in his career that it's wise for MB not to do anything other than sell off UFAs

Montreal can probably sell to a degree;

Armia
Hudon
Alzner (no one buying)
Benn
Kulak
Reilly
Niemi
Schlemko

1 of Tatar or Shaw.

It is kind of a garage sale to an extent but 4th-7th rounders aren't bad to hoard. You can always trade up in rounds. Try to stagger the picks over many years.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
My opinion:

Smart trade:
Petry: Playing fanstastic hockey, can still help this team but not likely when we'll compete, so trading him now to help the future.
Tatar: i'd listen to calls this offseason and if something makes sense i do it. would 100% trade him next offseason if not now. younger than petry, but will want a big raise when it comes time to be competitive. i'd go for younger assets.

low value to create roster space:
Niemi:
Hudon: ( i like him but Montreal seems to be going direction, want him to have a real shot)
Benn: Depth guy with no contract next year, won't resign here, no point to keep him, late pick it is.

would listen for the right price:
Shaw ( type of player that coaches realy like but fan bases hate so hard to gauge value...)
Lehkonen (worth more to Montreal than other teams, maybe part of a bigger deal involving Petry or tatar)
Armia (Same as lehkonen.)

Sad that he signed an extension already because i would of liked to trade him at the deadline and resign him:
Byron

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Montreal can probably sell to a degree;

Armia
Hudon
Alzner (no one buying)
Benn
Kulak
Reilly
Niemi
Schlemko

1 of Tatar or Shaw.

It is kind of a garage sale to an extent but 4th-7th rounders aren't bad to hoard. You can always trade up in rounds. Try to stagger the picks over many years.

Hudon is a healthy scratch, no doubt MB is trying to trade him.
MB has tried and failed to trade Alzner
Schlemko went through waivers. No team claimed him for free.

Kulak has earned the trust of MB. Right now he's not replaceable on the roster. You need bodies to play and Kulak fits that bill. Reilly, Mete, and Kulak are the best options at LD. The AHL replacements are worse then them. These guys are off season trades not trade deadlines, they'd need to get upgraded not gotten rid of.

Armia fills a hole in the Habs line up. The Habs are better with him on it, he's young. Your not going to get a better player in a trade for him.

Tatar and Shaw are signed after this season. Both have important roles on the team and the Habs lack replacement players for them right now. Same as with the LD, you upgrade them not get rid of them. Off season is the time you make those decisions.

Agree Montreal can probably sell to a degree but same time now isn't the time to mortgage the house.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Hudon is a healthy scratch, no doubt MB is trying to trade him.
MB has tried and failed to trade Alzner
Schlemko went through waivers. No team claimed him for free.

Kulak has earned the trust of MB. Right now he's not replaceable on the roster. You need bodies to play and Kulak fits that bill. Reilly, Mete, and Kulak are the best options at LD. The AHL replacements are worse then them. These guys are off season trades not trade deadlines, they'd need to get upgraded not gotten rid of.

Armia fills a hole in the Habs line up. The Habs are better with him on it, he's young. Your not going to get a better player in a trade for him.

Tatar and Shaw are signed after this season. Both have important roles on the team and the Habs lack replacement players for them right now. Same as with the LD, you upgrade them not get rid of them. Off season is the time you make those decisions.

Agree Montreal can probably sell to a degree but same time now isn't the time to mortgage the house.

In the the case of a guy like Schlemko, you might be able to shuffle him out if there is a contract and/or some $$ going the other way. Maybe Calgary circles back on a guy like him, they are looking for a 3rd pairing LHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad