Pre-Game Talk: Habs at Senators 7:00 PM EST (RDS/TSN) 1/30/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I will bet he passes his physical and plays 10 min tonight.

Shut up the damn lecherous media circus.

that's going to be impossible for the forseable future...the assasination of PK's character is in full force

I assume it remain this way until PK decides to, as Francois Gagnon put it, 'start acting more corporate'.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
that's going to be impossible for the forseable future...the assasination of PK's character is in full force

I assume it remain this way until PK decides to, as Francois Gagnon put it, 'start acting more corporate'.

It is a natural consequence for a charismatic black guy in a conservative, white league. In Ottawa, Emery got the same treatment, although his legacy is one of a good goalie for the franchise.

The decision is ultimately PK's:

He can be himself and ignore the haters, but he will have to accept the fact that, as a result, his performance on this ice will be magnified and amplified. If he's confident enough in his own game, he can go this route, however, there is more risk of pissing of fans, management and teammates if his game suffers. Other players would be able to hide their suffering game from the spotlight a little bit better.

Or, he can put on a "public" face and become a generic, cliché-spewing hockey player. Effectively, he would be acting. If he can live with this, people will go easier on him.

OR, the wildcard: He learns French and gets massive capital good-will from fans and management, while continuing to be himself.

Last edited:

skule123

Mar 24, 2008
He can be himself and ignore the haters, but he will have to accept the fact that, as a result, his performance on this ice will be magnified and amplified. If he's confident enough in his own game, he can go this route, however, there is more risk of pissing of fans, management and teamates if his game suffers. Other players would be able to hide their suffering game from the spotlight a little bit better.

I think this is the player we have. Really, all the stuff being said now is whispers, and there isn't much concrete beyond the practice fights. What is real is his long-standing commitment to the Montreal and charitable communities (his summer work in Haiti), and who cares if he's a little chatty on the ice or a character in the locker room?

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/daily-hab-it-subban-plays-santa-1.573623

PK didn't call attention to it, the national media left it alone because good news doesn't pull clicks, but this seems like the real PK to me, especially given his familial context. With time, and more importantly, with him around in the locker room (rather than the abstract straw man the agenda-driven media has built), we will have to deal with the real PK, which is to me, the one that person at the hospital wrote in about.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
I think this is the player we have. Really, all the stuff being said now is whispers, and there isn't much concrete beyond the practice fights. What is real is his long-standing commitment to the Montreal and charitable communities (his summer work in Haiti), and who cares if he's a little chatty on the ice or a character in the locker room?

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/daily-hab-it-subban-plays-santa-1.573623

PK didn't call attention to it, the national media left it alone because good news doesn't pull clicks, but this seems like the real PK to me, especially given his familial context. With time, and more importantly, with him around in the locker room (rather than the abstract straw man the agenda-driven media has built), we will have to deal with the real PK, which is to me, the one that person at the hospital wrote in about.

Interesting stuff.

I must say, as an outsider, the luke-warm quotes coming from Gorges et. al are dumb dumb dumb. Even if you hate PK, you accept that he probably helps the team, and you accept that you are in Montreal and everything you say will be analyzed for hours on end by everyone in the city.... so you lie and say you're excited to have a player of his calibre back in the line-up. Tell the truth to his face or in the room, but to the media, you smile, and you lie.

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
We should probably turn this thread into the pre-game thread or something along those lines. No offense to cjbhab, but Roy killed it in the other GDT. Absolutely killed it.

cjbhab*

We should probably turn this thread into the pre-game thread or something along those lines. No offense to cjbhab, but Roy killed it in the other GDT. Absolutely killed it.

We can now close this thread. I just wanted something in place till we got an actual GDT.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

so glad to be watching meaningful habs hockey again. what a tear we are on.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

what do you guys think of anderson...are we gonna be able to beat this guy...it's quite a test we've had 4 goals in every win so far...can we do it again.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/355591.html

Confirmed - Subban is not in uniform tonight.

"N’ayant pas joué un seul match dans la LNH en près de 11 mois, Subban devra toutefois patienter encore avant de donner un coup de main au CH, lui qui ne sera pas en uniforme ce soir face aux Sénateurs. La date de son retour au jeu n’a toujours pas été fixée."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad