whose Opie?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
come on Will :)
Jake on top pairing, let's go. I hope robidas does well

whose Opie?

Reimer.

And same. Gardiner-Robidas could be something that works in the regular season. Both should hopefully do well, and I'm going to watch Robidas extra close today. People have said he's been **** the entire time he's been here but I've been seeing different. I'm going to see how he does today on the top line against a good team. Marincin-Polak is probably our bottom line in the NHL, whereas Brennan-Fraser is probably our bottom line in the AHL.

Setoguchi's last chance to prove himself or get cut. It seems like for once they are really trying to decide whose going to play with who come the regular season while figuring out where these rookies stand in terms of their AHL spots.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
It's looking more and more like maybe none of the PTO's will be offered contracts.

I think Boyes will be and that's it. He's been paired with Holland a lot, could see them as 2/3 of the third/fourth line.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Reimer.

And same. Gardiner-Robidas could be something that works in the regular season. Both should hopefully do well, and I'm going to watch Robidas extra close today. People have said he's been **** the entire time he's been here but I've been seeing different. I'm going to see how he does today on the top line against a good team. Marincin-Polak is probably our bottom line in the NHL, whereas Brennan-Fraser is probably our bottom line in the AHL.

Setoguchi's last chance to prove himself or get cut. It seems like for once they are really trying to decide whose going to play with who come the regular season while figuring out where these rookies stand in terms of their AHL spots.

the thing is. Robidas has a horrible year because of all his injuries. He didn't come to Camp healthy, he wasn't healthy when the season started, and they shut him down. and ppl hate the contract. I - think if he's healthy, he should be how he was before he broke his leg, twice. Maybe he doesn't get there though, so then Babcock benches him (or Lou trades him or something). like to me it's not the biggest of deals. (and in Robidas's case again, because he teaches everyone little tips and tricks, that works for me, I know that Jake/Morgan really lean on him).

like I pointed out, Jake had an A last game (which to me, really, really stood out. and I get it's pre-season and eveything, but I think that would give him a lot of confidence). his whole flaw is that he starts the season so slow and brain dead, then he gets better, he needs to get good right off the hop.

i don't see Seto being here. (like i think if we're going to go PTO, it's Glencross and Boyes who have played v. well).

and thanks. :laugh: Reimer is Opie :laugh:

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
They should keep the 3 major PTO's until the end. They still have 3 games including a back-to-back against the Red Wings to finish off the preseason schedule. Might as well use the extra bodies.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
LOL, I thought it was Opie from Sons of Anarchy.

Opie-Hughes.jpg

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Projected lines:
JVR-Bozak--Setoguchi
Komarov-Nylander-Hyman
Mathias-Holland-Boyes
Glencross-Froese-Kapanen

There is a common theme I noticed between the lines for today and yesterday.

They basically have 2 lines of NHLers expected for next year team + PTO players and 2 younger bubble players lines.

Holland -- Matthias and potentially Boyes might be a line and Setoguchi getting his chance to earn a spot.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Habs fan here

Your forwards are gonna have a lot of fun tonight, this is the D we're gonna ice

Tinordi-Pateryn
Ellis-Dietz
Hanley-Barberio

And Condon will be the goalie

And our forward lines should look something like this

Fleischmann-DD-Weise
DLR-Holloway-McCarron
Ghetto-Dumont-Kassian
Carr-Gregoire-Thomas

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
Habs fan here

Your forwards are gonna have a lot of fun tonight, this is the D we're gonna ice

Tinordi-Pateryn
Ellis-Dietz
Hanley-Barberio

And Condon will be the goalie

And our forward lines should look something like this

Fleischmann-DD-Weise
DLR-Holloway-McCarron
Ghetto-Dumont-Kassian
Carr-Gregoire-Thomas

I never under estimate what guys who are scraping and clawing to land a full time job in the show can do. Wouldn't be surprised at all if that D plays very well.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
This will be a good game I should think. If Price isn't playing, this is a good time for our forwards to make an impact. Seto I'm looking at you.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
Going to the game tonight with my brother. Will be in the Toronto Star's box due to a relative winning a contest.

Excited to see Nylander and I'm happy that Price isn't in net so hopefully we'll get lots of goals!

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
What Babcock should say to his players:

Judge the amount of time you stay on the ice with your ability to backcheck. If you don't think you will be able to backcheck hard enough to break up a 4 on 2 rush the other way before it happens, Get OFF the ice. Staying on the ice for too long and then coasting back while the opposing team scores is just being plain selfish and disrespectful to your teammates(who probably would've done a better job then you did considering they would've just got on the ice). Its the type of attitude we're trying to get rid of.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Going to the game tonight with my brother. Will be in the Toronto Star's box due to a relative winning a contest.

Excited to see Nylander and I'm happy that Price isn't in net so hopefully we'll get lots of goals!

Yeah, the forwards have got to have a major impact today. If you are going to prove yourself, now is the time to do it. Even if you have a 'meh' game, you probably aren't going to survive the next cuts. Montreal is not icing any sort of quality NHLers on defense. The best they've got are 6/7 guys in Tinordi and Pateryn. That defense would be bad for the AHL.

The forwards should be a good challenge for our defense though. All of the guys we are icing will have a good opportunity to show what they've got for real this time. For once the pairings are actually pretty good in terms of what could happen come regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad