Speculation: Habs 3rd Jersey Next Year Will Be Expos Themed

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it's pretty much confirmed the reverse retros are returning and there seems to be a possible leak that montreal will be using an EXPOS theme. I know we were cursed wearing the blue ones think its pretty cool.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think MLB would have to give permission for this to happen?

I don't know. The immediate thought that came to my head is that they would use expos colours but not necessarily the logo itself.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Hopefully it's the away 80-91 version (I know there's a subtle difference starting at 89 for the name letters; whatever comes best on screen).

Quiho

Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
A late 80s Dennis Martinez baby blue version would be sick ! I’d settle for a Marquis Grisson 94 grey with montreal in front just to play versus NJ

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I think MLB would have to give permission for this to happen?

For sure but can't imagine they would oppose. Especially if there is some licensing fees MLB can get from extra jerseys sales.

Last season Nats retro night jerseys were nice:

imrs.php

Reactions: vokiel

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
I'll definitely be in the minority and take bit of backlash but it's a no from me . ..... Sounds gimmicky .......Habs don't need gimmick merchandise for sales.......guess I'm just old fashioned and like tradition is all ......don't roast too hard lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
For sure but can't imagine they would oppose. Especially if there is some licensing fees MLB can get from extra jerseys sales.

imrs.php

You just had to mention those asshole poacher gNats, didn’t you? :cry:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

imrs.php

I think that's the 69-77 uniform (the only one with the blue number on the chest), though hard to tell what they did in the back.

I don't hate that one per se, it's just that I'm not too sure the numbers in the back would come out well.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I prefixed this as speculation because:

1- it isn't confirmed
2- the source of this doesn't have any prior history of breaking news. So take it with a huge grain of salt.

But I felt it might be worth discussing:

Would be great - if done well...

They could use city pride jersey that said Montreal accross the front, with baby blue color...
They could use the logo on the sleeves/shoulder, but change the logo from e.l.b. to c.l.h. - c for canadiens, h for hockey...

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I posted a thread on this yesterday with no replies, I see how it is guys :D

You definitely did and thanks for posting it. I don’t know what happened there, your thread had fallen so low on the page that I had to look for it.

I’m starting to think that @Adam Michaels performed some kind of sorcery. :sarcasm:

Reactions: HabsForHire

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Powder blues please.

I had suggested that the Habs do this a few weeks ago when our man Pezz was sporting an Expos powder blue jersey while the Habs were on the road.

Light blue, or "bleu poudre" was already related to hockey 30 years ago when they broadcast hockey at CBC and Radio-Canada. That light blue is far from the dark blue of the actual CH jersey. When they change something like that, it's outragious because it looks like a small detail but no, it's an huge difference. It's a big challenge for a designer.

But let's enjoy the good old days of powder blue.
light bluehockey1.jpg
veston bleu.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad