Habs 3- Fla 2 in OT Habs clinched a playoff spot

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Draft position doesn't really matter anymore, and he's not as bad overall as you make him sound. At $2.25 mil, he contributes about as much as you'd expect to their blueline. We pay Emelin twice as much to provide half as much as our 5th defenseman, for example.

I would take him, im not denying that, but for a guy who was drafted third overall you would think he would be a lot better then he is now.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can you imagine Jagr on the Habs, as we enter the playoffs...I agree, not sure what the deal with MB saying no to this guy.....he has defied father time...should have gone after him for sure...

I prefer not too as it will break my heart everytime i'll see Parenteau or Weise on the top line in the playoffs.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Nice to see Pacioretty tie his career high in points with his 65th point on his OT goal. One can't help but wonder how many more points would he get if he played with a center who actually shot the puck and not having a revolving winger on the other wing on his line for most of the season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
It's painfully obvious that these lines have no chemistry and generate little to no offense. Why can he not see this? Why does it have to be harder than it needs to be. So ****ing painful to watch sometimes and has gotten to the point where I can't even be in game threads now while the game is on because it just makes me even more angry that most people can see it as well.

Also, since I wasn't in the GDT during the game. Anyone else find it weird that Gallagher was picke dup and body slammed on the ice in front of the ref and it wasn't called? I thought that was over the top.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I would take him, im not denying that, but for a guy who was drafted third overall you would think he would be a lot better then he is now.

Well, he's only 22. But yeah, there's a thread on the prospects board about defensive defensemen and picking them high in the first round, and Gudbransson is probably a case study for why you could/should probably let a guy like him slide a bit more before going after him. Until guys like Mitchell and Campbell hang up the skates, though, they don't need him to do too much of anything, and aren't paying him enough to have lofty expectations/demands of him either. On the other hand, he has already given them 240 NHL games, and could likely give them at least another 1000 more, so at some point where you get a guy in the draft becomes a lot less significant than what you get out of him in the end.

Baruch

I like DD (Cups)
Apr 26, 2014
Montréal
I think it was because Ekblad got high sticked and lost a tooth. Thats what they are saying on the panthers boards.

Wasn't the Hab (don't remember who, I think it may have been Galchenyuk) trying to play the puck? and the follow through of the movement of the stick went to Ekblad's face?

That's what I roughly remember from the thing.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Panthers got away with a lot of **** last night ... Gallagher took a beating including a huge body slam after the whistle. So they shouldnt whine just get over it and ****

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Nice to see Pacioretty tie his career high in points with his 65th point on his OT goal. One can't help but wonder how many more points would he get if he played with a center who actually shot the puck and not having a revolving winger on the other wing on his line for most of the season.

75-80 point guy no question. We have the center already for Patches, his name his Tomas Plekanec. Him and pacioretty have the best chemistry on the team both at even strength and on the pk. The lines should be this.

Pacioretty Plekanec Parenteau
Galchenyuk Eller Gallagher
Rose DD Weise
Prust manny DSP

That should be our playoff lineup with a good balance of offense, defense and speed. MT has to let the DD obsession die for the good of the team. He will disappear in the playoffs because of his tiny stature. Plekanec does well with Pacioretty and why not try this lineup?

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
75-80 point guy no question. We have the center already for Patches, his name his Tomas Plekanec. Him and pacioretty have the best chemistry on the team both at even strength and on the pk. The lines should be this.

Rose DD Weise
Prust manny DSP

That should be our playoff lineup with a good balance of offense, defense and speed. MT has to let the DD obsession die for the good of the team. He will disappear in the playoffs because of his tiny stature. Plekanec does well with Pacioretty and why not try this lineup?

Why not, indeed.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows

Rose DD Weise
Prust manny DSP

There is only going to be maybe 2-3 guys at 80 this year so his 65 is like 75 this year

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
This is the same irrelevant Panthers franchise that's been kept afloat thanks to teams like the Habs via NHL revenue sharing, right?

I said it last night and Ill say it again today, Gubdranson is a fake tough guy.

Travis Moen destroyed him in a fight last year. In the pre-season no less. Gudbranson grew up a Habs fan I believe. I think he's bilingual too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad