Speculation: Habs 13th forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goal Caufield50

Jul 13, 2007
Cap friendly lists $383k in room prior to adding a 13th forward. If the team adds the minimum of $700k they are over the cap. My guess is kulak goes at $1.8k leaving room for a $700k defensemen such as Juulsen or Flurey. Thoughts on a change?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand
When you say,
kulak goes at $1.8k leaving room for a $700k defensemen

Do you mean traded or he's going to become allergic to his equipment? Won't Montreal need to clear his full salary? If so, that won't be easy to do without a sweetener IMO...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If their is no AHL season my guess is each team will have a practice roster. That way you can keep players on the practice roster till needed. If you have guys on your roster who make to much money nobody wold want them for free, you can always send them down on off days

HabsDood

We're the best
Jun 30, 2008
Montreal
Every fanbase has been spending hours of their free time wondering what Montreal is going to do about their 13th forward.

Thank goodness there’s now a thread where we can combine our thoughts and finally figure this shit out.
:laugh:

Reactions: Kupo

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
They have one guy that is on the Jets top six, even though the Jets have four number one wingers.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Cap friendly lists $383k in room prior to adding a 13th forward. If the team adds the minimum of $700k they are over the cap. My guess is kulak goes at $1.8k leaving room for a $700k defensemen such as Juulsen or Flurey. Thoughts on a change?

If the habs Waive Weal and call up Evans they have space for a League minimum forward for their 13th

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
Not this year, not even close.

That's because you never watched him play. Over the last 4 seasons he averaged 38 points over a 82 game season. if you take the 29 game season he played last year he averaged 44 points over 3 seasons. He is good defensively. How on earth is that not worth 2m$. On top there is a reason he has an "A" on his jersey. So with all due respect you are absolutely wrong. Dont bother replying.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
That's because you never watched him play. Over the last 4 seasons he averaged 38 points over a 82 game season. if you take the 29 game season he played last year he averaged 44 points over 3 seasons. He is good defensively. How on earth is that not worth 2m$. On top there is a reason he has an "A" on his jersey. So with all due respect you are absolutely wrong. Dont bother replying.
"Dont bother replying" I do anyway. I'm saying he won't get traded for - he is overpaid on his current deal. It really doesn't matter what you or I think he is actually worth. Due to current climate, he definitely is not worth a $3.4M cap hit. Deal with it.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
"Dont bother replying" I do anyway. I'm saying he won't get traded for - he is overpaid on his current deal. It really doesn't matter what you or I think he is actually worth. Due to current climate, he definitely is not worth a $3.4M cap hit. Deal with it.

the never said he was worth his 3.4 cap hit, they argued he is worth more than the 1.4 you claimed, and are sidestepping by saying ‘he’s not worth 3.4, deal with it’

you were better off not replying and retaining some credibility, you should have taken that advice

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Is this a knock knock joke?

He is overpaid by like $2M in a time like this.

His cap hit is $3.4M am I wrong? No one takes that, salary means nothing.

A lot of recent contracts handed out over the last year or two can be considered as “overpayment” now with a flat cap.

I think you’re sleeping on Byron a bit. He’s a versatile winger that you can pretty much plug in either flank and in almost any situation. He’s a dependable and reliable winger. And his contract isn’t filled with
absurd longterm clauses.

My Rangers could very well use someone like him in our bottom 6. But, we’re so pressed for cap, we couldn’t even bring Fast back to play a similar role for less.

That doesn’t make him a negative asset though. Byrons a good hockey player. The Habs have better cost cutting options. And somewhat easy ones which is why I find you singling him out kind of weird.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Lol what? Weal is trash. Byton is kinda overpaid so I agree. Kulak on the other hand definitely has value so idk what you're talking about. I bet you never watched him play.
Kulak was an okay bottom pairer on one of the thinnest D cores in the league. I dont think hes awful but you can find better guys for 700k right now so why would anyone pay for him?

Reactions: violaswallet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad