Recalled/Assigned: Gustavsson to Detroit, Mrazek to Grand Rapids

garry1221

Mar 13, 2003
Walled Lake, Mi
Visit site
Time for the monster to sink or swim. Hope he turns it around up here. Right now, if we can get some kind of stability anywhere in the lineup, it'll be a step in the right direction.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Gustavsson was 1st star in his AHL game. Welcome back.

Khan reports on Twitter, that they also had new lines at practise:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Tatar - Datsyuk - Samuelsson
Cleary - Abdelkader - Andersson
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

EDIT:
Ansar Khan ‏@AnsarKhanMLive
First power play unit practicing has Tatar up front with Datsyuk and Zetterberg; Kronwall and Samulesson at points; Tatar was net front guy

2nd power play unit practicing;
Cleary-Filppula-Brunner up front, Kindl and White at point

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2012
Gustavsson was 1st star in his AHL game. Welcome back.

Khan reports on Twitter, that they also had new lines at practise:

Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Tatar - Datsyuk - Samuelsson
Cleary - Abdelkader - Andersson
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo

EDIT:

Would rather have Andersson center the second unit and put Filppula in Cleary's spot. Then you'd have a competent PP.

That third line is brutal.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Would rather have Andersson center the second unit and put Filppula in Cleary's spot. Then you'd have a competent PP.

Still some changes to right direction. When Mule comes back, hopefully that pushes Cleary away from the PP.

Also if Kindl is back with the "cost" of Lashoff, maybe we finally are on the right way. Huskins can take that defensive role from Lash, before we are considering Smith or Cola there.

I hope we are going with this:
Kronwall - Ericsson
Kindl - White
Huskins - Quincey

PP
(Sammy)
Kronwall
Kindl
White

PK
Ericsson
Quincey
Huskins
Kronwall

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Mrzaek posted a 1-1-0 record with a 2.02 goals-against average and .922 save percentage over his first two NHL starts. Pretty impressive for an nhl debut. Mrzaek played good for us we will see how Gustavsson firs out.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I don't really like everything about the PP units, but I don't mind Brunner on the 2nd PP.

I really like getting him off the point, too.

the third line looks slow, but if they can get it into the offensive zone, they should be able to knock it around and wear the other team out a bit. And I don't think it will hurt us defensively.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I think Andersson might have some Holmstrom in him, and not because he's Swedish. In the few plays where I saw him setting up a screen in the past two games, he really looked comfortable there. Wouldn't mind seeing him groomed to be a net front presence.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Andersson might have some Holmstrom in him, and not because he's Swedish. In the few plays where I saw him setting up a screen in the past two games, he really looked comfortable there. Wouldn't mind seeing him groomed to be a net front presence.

He does it a lot down in GR. He is better at just the standing up screening part, but the puck retrieval and some of the other parts of the role to look at that Homer is underrated for and make the whole package I think Sheahan is better at and makes him an overall more solid option if that is what we are looking for. Plus he provides better speed to the lineup, would like to see him get a cameo if we continue to be this injured.

Aug 6, 2012
the third line looks slow, but if they can get it into the offensive zone, they should be able to knock it around and wear the other team out a bit. And I don't think it will hurt us defensively.

Isn't that more of the fourth line's job? Everyone has been talking about having three scoring lines and I'd say the fourth line is more of a scoring threat than the third. Its no big deal, in the end our bottom six won't be fixed until Helm and one of Franzen/Bertuzzi are healthy.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Isn't that more of the fourth line's job? Everyone has been talking about having three scoring lines and I'd say the fourth line is more of a scoring threat than the third. Its no big deal, in the end our bottom six won't be fixed until Helm and one of Franzen/Bertuzzi are healthy.

Not on this team. I'd love to see a more skilled third line, and if we were healthy we could actually do it, but at this point I'll take a line that doesn't actively try to put a knife in our collective backs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad