Rumor: Gustav Rydahl to Rangers?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019

Gustav Rydahl to the New York Rangers after the Swedish Championship gold

KARLSTAD. The NHL move has been rumored for much of the season.
Now it's ready.
According to information to SportExpressen, one of the gold heroes in Färjestad, Gustav Rydahl, has now made up his mind.
He will play next season for the New York Rangers.
- No, it will come later, says Rydahl.
Text Johan Svensson, Hugo Höglund

Copy link
Already after the 2019-2020 season, there was talk of an NHL move for the now 27-year-old center.
But then he chose to nob the NHL offers and stay in Färjestad.
FBK also chose to extend the contract and give Rydahl an increased salary. Then came a long-term injury, which meant that he played only nine games the season after.
But he has fought back and is now coming from perhaps his best season of his career. Leading player for Färjestad, Olympic games and one of the team's best scoring players during the Swedish Championship play-offs.
Now the career goes on.

Reactions: 100Eyes

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Like I told you a couple of weeks ago ;) Strong on puck, fantastic even and especially up against the boards. Can play C and W but I would use him as W since his faceoffs sucks.
Does he play a strong defensive game as a center?

Eliteprospects says his contract runs through 22/23. Is that accurate? Can he break that contract and come over next season?

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
Does he play a strong defensive game as a center?

Eliteprospects says his contract runs through 22/23. Is that accurate? Can he break that contract and come over next season?
Yes, I think so and he plays a gritty game.
He has an NHL out and have used it.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
From EliteProspects page:
"Rydahl is a physical powerforward who plays with a lot of grit. Loves to agitate opponents and takes advantage when players cannot handle their temper. Owns a decent shot, useful in boxplay and a tremendous team player. - David Enbom (2019)

... but they do mostly only post positive reports

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
First clip in his highlight vid he passes up a chance alone with the goaltender for a royal road pass. Upping my crystal ball to 99.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
First clip in his highlight vid he passes up a chance alone with the goaltender for a royal road pass. Upping my crystal ball to 99.

So he would fit in, but wait he is a physical player, and he gets involved in scrums. He won’t fit in that well then. At least he won‘t skate away.

Reactions: Daves a mess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad