Gustav Nyquist

Aug 6, 2012

His skating was way more lethal that year imo... his feet were fast as hell back then, especially on the rush. That last goal :D.

Didn't really see that skating ability last year, he was way more passive with his feet. Didn't he have a hip issue or something?

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002

His skating was way more lethal that year imo... his feet were fast as hell back then, especially on the rush. That last goal :D.

Didn't really see that skating ability last year, he was way more passive with his feet. Didn't he have a hip issue or something?

I think I remember reading that he tried to add muscle last year in the offseason, and I think that slowed him down a bit too. It often takes guys a full season to really adjust to added mass.

The Wings system in general last year didn't really help their faster skaters. I remember Nyquist being sprang for a lot of breakaways his first 1.5 seasons, but last year it was basically only AA & Larks and that was with them carrying the puck up ice. If the Wings can get another D that can make a good outlet pass, you'll really see our fast players start to exploit the other team.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Yep. To me it looks like Nyquist decided he can let up now that he got paid. His next contract season will probably be his next best season.

I'm not high on Nyquist anymore. He looks like a player that cashed in and is content with his situation. I don't think Nyquist has good trade value, so I lol whenever I read DRWs fans wanting to trade him for Trouba or Fowler.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yep. To me it looks like Nyquist decided he can let up now that he got paid. His next contract season will probably be his next best season.

I'm not high on Nyquist anymore. He looks like a player that cashed in and is content with his situation. I don't think Nyquist has good trade value, so I lol whenever I read DRWs fans wanting to trade him for Trouba or Fowler.

Or maybe the entire team regressed offensively last year.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Is this one of the Nyquist threads where the team is blamed for him underperforming by not having him up 3 weeks sooner, where the coaches are blamed for him underperforming by not putting him in a cushy enough role, or where he is blamed for underperforming because his game hasn't progressed an iota since his senior season in college?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Is this one of the Nyquist threads where the team is blamed for him underperforming by not having him up 3 weeks sooner, where the coaches are blamed for him underperforming by not putting him in a cushy enough role, or where he is blamed for underperforming because his game hasn't progressed an iota since his senior season in college?

Lol. Holy hyperbole. Please try and quantify this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad