Gustav Nyquist

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Any Wings fans here know what his status will be for opening night?

Will be he sent to GR?

If not is he going to be in the lineup?

Watching him at the end of last year he looked like a true top 6 forward, IMO.

Thanks in advance.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
good thing he can still be in the AHL without waivers

or else we'd probably waive him for Gomez or something

(only half kidding too)

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Probable starting roster for opening night:

Zeta - Datsyuk - Brunner
Mule - Filppula - Mursak
Cleary - AKader - Bertuzzi
Miller - Emmerton - Tootoo
(Helm, Sammy IR)
Eaves LTIR

Kronwall - Ericsson
Quincey - Smith
Kindl/Cola - White

Howard
Gustavsson

Any Wings fans here know what his status will be for opening night?

They can't use Nyquist because of the 23-man roster limit, if the management doesn't waive some of those forwards, or if there won't be another long-term injury when they could put somebody to LTIR to make a spot.

Will be he sent to GR?

He is already there. No callup yet.

If not is he going to be in the lineup?

Yes, definitely he would be in the playing roster and proably at TOP6, when he is called up.

Last edited:

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
agree, and tatar, too. both should be in NHL.

i have not seen mursak play much, but he has never looked special to me, other than for his speed.

Well, to be honest when we first saw Valtteri...he did not exactly jump out that much, but right development and playing with Datsyuk and Z, really helped him be a solid top 6 player.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I do think Nyquist will be up at some point this season. Injuries will happen and they don't just want to waive guys outright to make position for him. We will see how things work out, but I expect him to nail down a roster spot at some point this year much like Filppula did. It is Tatar I am worried about from a Wings prospect standpoint.

RayMoonDoh

Outta Waiver Stuff
Nov 12, 2011
Shore Shack
I hope that nyquist has already made this team, and theyre using the first couple games of the season as an open competition for our bottom 6 poditions before paring down the forward numbers and calling gus up

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Will play less games with the Wings this year than he should based on his talent. Only going to stagger his development, he has absolutely nothing else to gain from playing in the AHL.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Gus just did the first intermission interview during the Griffins game, a lot more positive about the situation in Detroit than Tatar. Says he still has things to work on and will continue getting better everyday and looks forward to when he can be up full time. Cannot imagine a better situation as a Swedish guy than Detroit was one of his points.

HTT3*

Will play less games with the Wings this year than he should based on his talent. Only going to stagger his development, he has absolutely nothing else to gain from playing in the AHL.

He can't gain some weight?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He can't gain some weight?

He could gain some weight, but he looks quite a bit stronger this year. He's right about the size of Datsyuk and Zetterberg when they started with the Wings.

P.S.: He's the same size as Brunner...

Last edited:

HTT3*

agree, and tatar, too. both should be in NHL.

i have not seen mursak play much, but he has never looked special to me, other than for his speed.

At best Mursak is a poor man's Helm. Problem is, Mursak is weak on the puck, doesn't have the hockey sense, and is a couple of smidges slower than Helm... but has the better hands of the two. He is a good forechecker and is a puck hound. He seems to have heart, but leaves more to be desired in comparison to Helm.

I don't see Mursak having a future here in Detroit.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
At best Mursak is a poor man's Helm. Problem is, Mursak is weak on the puck, doesn't have the hockey sense, and is a couple of smidges slower than Helm... but has the better hands of the two. He is a good forechecker and is a puck hound. He seems to have heart, but leaves more to be desired in comparison to Helm.

I don't see Mursak having a future here in Detroit.

Have to somewhat agree with this. I like Jan. But unfortunately the Wings probably value a garbage player like Emmerton over him. Tough break for Jan getting injured last year. And eff Kenny for having so many forwards. Some of these bottom 6 forwards needed to be traded or not re-signed.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Mursak is too weak and small for a bottom 6 role. It's unfortunate, but he isn't going to last in the NHL. He should go overseas and get paid there for being a star. He will do good over in those leagues because of the physical play being less and the rinks being bigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad