Gurianov vs DeBrincat

Who would you rather have going forward?

• Total voters

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hmmmm great poll Marty, up until the playoffs was Debincat AINEC but cant say that no more and was just so impressed with Gurianov with that small sample size, tho the most important time to have a great small sample size. Im gonna go out on total speculation that Gurianov keeps it up, so will go with him

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Gurianov has the makings of a true new generation power forward but I'll still have the kid who has a 40 goal season under his belt.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
DeBrincat pretty easily right now.

Gurianov is an electrifying player and a lot of fun to watch, however his hockey IQ isn't where it needs to be yet. Kid can shoot and skate though that's for sure, but he doesn't have much of if any playmaking aspect to his game right now. Will be interesting to see how he progresses though

McFly2544

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Burlington, ON
I think its clear that DeBrincat has had the much better start to his career.

I just looked at other factors too, both born in same year, DeBrincat is 6 months younger

DeBrincat - former 2nd rounder and smaller size
Gurianov - former 1st rounder and bigger frame

The argument could be made that DeBrincat has had the better linemates as well.

I think moving forward, if Gurianov builds on his breakout, it could be a helluva lot closer than you think.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
I'm gonna go Gurianov and I'm a Hawks fan. I don't think DeBrincat has another 40 goal season in him. Everything went absolutely perfect for him. A lot of shots that had no business being goals. He's a solid 25-30 goal scorer with a good release. He will never hit 40 again, don't even think about it.

Gurianov has an even better shot, and he is a much, much better skater. And he is not a dwarf. He's a big boy, a high first round pick, with a ton of upside. I'd take him. He's going to be a real star.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad