GDT: Guppies at Duckies - Anybody for some Shark Sushi at 5 PM PST?

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
Frustrating loss, especially since we easily could have won this game if we just buried the gimmes we got tonight.

Oct 18, 2011
we need offense
i like beleskey better as a part time top 6'er
same for maroon

we have 4 real top 6 forwards on the team, and one of them is out, we could use one more

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
we need offense
same for maroon

we have 4 real top 6 forwards on the team, and one of them is out, we could use one more
I can agree on that.

Belesky has cooled off a bit but I still think he fits best on the 2nd line with Kesler and Palmieri.

A top 6 LW with Getzlaf/Perry would be ideal since DSP and Maroon are inconsistent and clearly have a tough time keeping up with the twins level of play. Plus that would make the 4th line Maroon/Thompson/DSP which would be pretty nuts.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Every team has a atleast one game in which the refs just seem to be on the other team. I'm just glad it happened in a game where the ducks didn't play well and didn't deserve to win

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
What did you expect? First game in how long? He isn't gonna light it up for **** sakes. Gonna take him a couple games

I was expecting him to not be slow and weak. I'm ok with his timing being off, but his strength, speed, and balance were also not good, and that tells me he's not ready. I'd rather he waits to get targeted until he's able to absorb the hits.

perrygetzanother

Jun 14, 2014
somewhere nice
this happens every single time we play the sharks, just like nfl officials keeping the game super close to the point spread, it feels like they want to keep the divisional races competitive when the ducks are clearly running away with the pacific.

its always the sharks, its the red wings in the playoffs, but its the sharks in the regular season, whether its a shootout goal where a skater takes the puck backwards, or phantom calls leading to momentum destroyers, to the laughably officiated game we were so privileged to see tonight.

im starting to think wwe has more integrity than nhl officials.

i hate feeling robbed. feeling beat is one thing, but feeling robbed is pathetic.

big kudos to the people who posted those epic hilarious memes on the facebook page, if you're on these boards anyways.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
Went to the game...wow Sharks fans are entering Kings fans territory. Some of them are the biggest **** talkers ever to step foot in Honda Center.

First thing i thought about when the officiating started going downhill was Brian Hayward losing his damn mind. He's seriously an underrated analyst. Says some very insightful things but he just gets a little too sided for the Ducks when officiating comes into play. I was laughing thinking about what he was saying.

And he was probably right because the officiating was a joke. Maroon should have potted both of those point blank feeds in periods 1 and 2 but the Perry penalty was a joke as was getting Kesler on that one. I have no idea how Perry doesn't draw a call when he's trying to fix the net and skate away but is being held from behind by a Sharks D man. That is blatant interference.

Whatever. Its over. I still blame the Sharks for the Kings winning the cup last year. THey just had to win 1 game in 4 tries. ********.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Terrible effort, terrible officiating.

Maroon, Cogs and DSP are such huge disappointments this season, but at least Cogs is hitting some pipes...just needs some bounces (mostly).

camshaft

Mar 4, 2013
we need offense
same for maroon

What is your criteria for a top 6 forward? Your standards are way too high, if you don't consider Belesky a legitimate top six player. He is on pace to scoring 30+ goals and he is defensively responsible forward who brings some physical play to the second line. I would think that nearly every team in the league would be dying to have a 30+ goal scorer like Belresky on their second line.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
If we trade for a winger, I hope to god that it isn't for Getzlaf's line. Our second line is the one that needs a third guy to make it steady.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If we trade for a winger, I hope to god that it isn't for Getzlaf's line. Our second line is the one that needs a third guy to make it steady.

I feel like when palmeiri is in the line up, our 2nd line has looked good. Our third line also seems snake bitten but I think their scoring will increase, cogs and silf and rakell for that matter have been pretty unluckey this season.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I feel like when palmeiri is in the line up, our 2nd line has looked good. Our third line also seems snake bitten but I think their scoring will increase, cogs and silf and rakell for that matter have been pretty unluckey this season.
It could be much better, whereas Getz and Perry aren't going to see much of a bump by adding a highly skilled winger.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
What is your criteria for a top 6 forward? Your standards are way too high, if you don't consider Belesky a legitimate top six player. He is on pace to scoring 30+ goals and he is defensively responsible forward who brings some physical play to the second line. I would think that nearly every team in the league would be dying to have a 30+ goal scorer like Belresky on their second line.

Beleskey isn't a 30+ goal scorer. I'm a huge fan of his but he's a fringe second liner. Definitely a third line player in an ideal world but no team is perfect.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

He's also on pace for 9 assists. He's been playing like a top six forward for much of this year, and I'm fine with having him in that role the rest of this season. But it takes a little more than 38 games to establish yourself as a legit top six winger, especially when you during the last five years have established that you are not.

Beleskey is one of my favourite Ducks btw, but I want to see him score at a 0.5 PPG pace for a couple of years before I label him a top six winger. And even a 40 point player is still just a fringe top six winger.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It could be much better, whereas Getz and Perry aren't going to see much of a bump by adding a highly skilled winger.

Who did you have in mind? I assume you would be bumping belesky up or down
Getz Perry Belesky
Kesler Palmeiri ______

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad