Confirmed with Link: Guillaume Brisebois invited to Team Canada WJC Camp

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
I was hoping/expecting this after reading about his increased role this season.. captain.. only drafted player on the team.. blah blah..

Can't wait to watch him in person one day...

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Good stuff! Classic example of a genuine quality player on a terrible QMJHL team. Depending on how he does going forward maybe we can chalk this up to more good scouting by Benning and the scouts.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good news.

He'll be very much a longshot to make the team (Chabot is already a returning player so there doesn't need to be a token Q defender) but if nothing else it's a good experience and confidence builder.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Longshot but a confidence booster like this, as well as a change of scenery should give him the mind-set to have a strong year.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Very underrated imo. Has a good chance, as long as he plays well at camp/beginning of the season.

This. Congrats Brisebois i think could be another hidden gem and good job by Benning at what he knows best: Depth Drafting

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
A lot of big names as competion...

Left handed D:
Brisebois, Chabot, Chychrun, Bean, Girard, Lauzon, Myers, MVS

Right handed D:
Fabbro, Juulsen, Roy, Spencer, Foote, Hobbs

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
Nice to see him get recognized as a top tier defender despite his circumstances.
Being that he wasn't a first round pick,he'll probably get Corrado'd by the TC brass but getting an invite is great and he can at least practice with other top players.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
huge accomplishment, to get recognized by team Canada, while playing on a bad team, in the QMJHL not known (at least the past half decade) for quality defencemens. Huuuuuuuuge accomplishment. I'm already happy to say he almost made team Canada.

I think he has a good chance if he has a strong start with his new team. It will be fun to see him and PLD go for gold.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Good for "Gilliam".

Have to imagine his chances at cracking the roster are fairly slim at this point, but you never know. It's good experience and shows he's at least on Hockey Canada's radar as a solid prospect. He's been a good footsoldier for them previously.

Really though, i'm probably more excited/interested just to see how he does with the change of scenery after being dealt to Charlottetown for this coming season in the Q. Should be a very different role and situation for him there.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Good for "Gilliam".

Have to imagine his chances at cracking the roster are fairly slim at this point, but you never know. It's good experience and shows he's at least on Hockey Canada's radar as a solid prospect. He's been a good footsoldier for them previously.

Really though, i'm probably more excited/interested just to see how he does with the change of scenery after being dealt to Charlottetown for this coming season in the Q. Should be a very different role and situation for him there.

Maybe he is 2nd round worthy after all? Would be nice if the Lack trade gained Nhl player. Would also mean Benning is looking like he is 6 for 6 in the first 3 rounds of the draft. Vitanen McCann Demko Tryamkin Boeser and Brisebois. The first 5 look like sure things. I have never seen the guy play but good sign.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
every time i see his face this is the first thought that pops into my head

latest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad