Confirmed with Link: Guhle Hearing for Slashing Konecny (Suspended 1 Game)

JT3

May 27, 2013
1*GI-td9gs8D5OKZd19mAOqA.png

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I didn't even notice this during the game but that was very dumb by young Guhle. Should be at least 2 games since he did it from the bench and wouldn't be surprised if it was even more because he didn't do it on the ice.

That was quite the battle between Slaf and Konecny there too.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
One game & a stern talking to is fine.
With Montreal not battling for a playoff spot it will be easier to give Guhle a longer suspension than if they were battling for the playoffs. So I can see Guhle getting a 3 game suspension

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Guys are defending 30 miles an hour shoulder hits but we want Guhle gone for 3 games because he poked someone in the arm from the bench lol.

It’s the department of player safety, not the department of respecting the moral code.
A slash from the bench is inexcusable. You’d be irate if somebody did this to one of our guys and deservedly so.

Three games is what he should get. This bush league shit should never happen. I’m disappointed that Guhle would pull this garbage.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
A slash from the bench is inexcusable. You’d be irate if somebody did this to one of our guys and deservedly so.

Three games is what he should get. This bush league shit should never happen. I’m disappointed that Guhle would pull this garbage.
If this gets 3 games then going forward, hits to the head should be 10 games at minimum. Dumb play for sure but nothing near as serious as other infractions we've seen.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If this gets 3 games then going forward, hits to the head should be 10 games at minimum. Dumb play for sure but nothing near as serious as other infractions we've seen.
It’s not just the severity of injury that should factor in. Forget the fact that he nicked the guy’s hand, what if he’d caught him in the eye?

At least with other plays you might be able to put some blame on being in the midst of a play. This guy wasn’t even on the ice.

The league needs to deter this kind of bs. The last thing you want is for this to start happening with any kind of frequency. A three game suspension sends the message not to do this stupid shit.

If someone did this to one of our players this forum would be freaking out over it.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
It’s not just the severity of injury that should factor in. Forget the fact that he nicked the guy’s hand, what if he’d caught him in the eye?

At least with other plays you might be able to put some blame on being in the midst of a play. This guy wasn’t even on the ice.

The league needs to deter this kind of bs. The last thing you want is for this to start happening with any kind of frequency. A three game suspension sends the message not to do this stupid shit.
Exactly, player is entirely defenseless because who the hell expects to be attacked by a player on the bench. It's a cowardly move by Guhle.

Criticize the league for all you want about their lack of accountability and consistency for hits to the head but this is entirely separate matter. If Guhle gets only a game the NHL dropped the ball here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad