9. DET Benson
10. STL Wood
11. VAN Reinbacher
12. ARI Perreault
13. BUF Pellikka
14. PIT Barlow
15. NSH Danielson
16. CGY Yager
I would be happy with Reinbacher for Vancouver. I believe you always pick the best player available and I rank Reinbacher about 11 and seeing how the Canucks need defensemen big time. Unless, someone rated much higher falls, Reinbacher makes sense. Probably would not happen, but Ryan Leonard is someone that intregues me, if he falls to 11.
If I was SJ, I might be tempted to pick Smith over Michkov, because Michkov is over three years from coming to the NHL. However, that does not mean the risk would not be worth it.

Last edited:

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
I think the top 5 is pretty much set:

1. CHI- Bedard
2. ANA- Fantilli
3. CBJ- Carlsson
4. SJS- Michkov
5. MTL- Smith

It gets interesting around 6-10, but even then are some no-brainer pairings:

6. ARI- Leonard
7. PHI- Wood
8. WSH- Dvorsky
9. DET- Reinbacher
10. STL- Benson

From there it obviously gets more unpredictable, I see a team falling in love with Gulayev for example:

11. VAN- Moore
12. ARI- Gulayev
13. BUF- Heidt
14. PIT- Perreault
15. NSH- Danielson
16. CGY- Yager

Will be a fun time though, tons of talent on the board both days.

Last edited:

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I think the top 5 is pretty much set:

1. CHI- Bedard
2. ANA- Fantilli
3. CBJ- Carlsson
4. SJS- Michkov
5. MTL- Smith

It gets interesting around 6-10, but even then are some no-brainer pairings:

6. ARI- Leonard
7. PHI- Wood
8. WSH- Dvorsky
9. DET- Reinbacher
10. STL- Benson

From there it obviously gets more unpredictable, I see a team falling in love with Gulayev for example:

11. VAN- Moore
12. ARI- Gulayev
13. BUF- Heidt
14. PIT- Perreault
15. NSH- Danielson
16. CGY- Yager
I find it unlikely Honzek doesn’t go in the top 16 imo

spfan

May 4, 2009
I find it unlikely Honzek doesn’t go in the top 16 imo
Wouldn't be shocked if he goes top 16, but it's a very strong draft class. I wouldn't call Honzek a consensus top 16 player. Some really him, some are meh on him.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Wouldn't be shocked if he goes top 16, but it's a very strong draft class. I wouldn't call Honzek a consensus top 16 player. Some really him, some are meh on him.
I never said he was a consensus top 16, however based on Pronman, McKenzie and Wheeler’s notes on him, he is viewed highly around the league. Pronman specifically mentioned GM’s and heads of scouting from teams with lottery picks were going to watch him regularly near the end of the season. Also said that scouts around the league are saying he is closer to 10 than to 20. Still very early, lots of time before draft and lots can change. Maybe 1 or 2 teams are higher on him and others are lower. We really don’t know until draft day

spfan

May 4, 2009
I never said he was a consensus top 16, however based on Pronman, McKenzie and Wheeler’s notes on him, he is viewed highly around the league. Pronman specifically mentioned GM’s and heads of scouting from teams with lottery picks were going to watch him regularly near the end of the season. Also said that scouts around the league are saying he is closer to 10 than to 20. Still very early, lots of time before draft and lots can change. Maybe 1 or 2 teams are higher on him and others are lower. We really don’t know until draft day
I think there's definitely gonna be some teams that really like him, but those might not be the teams in that range. I could see him go anywhere from like 15-25.

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
1. CHI Bedard
2. ANA Fantilli
3. CBJ Smith
4. SJS Carlsson
5. MTL Dvorsky
6. ARI Michkov
7. PHI Leonard
8. WSH Benson
9. DET Reinbacher
10. STL Barlow
11. VAN Sandin-Pelikka
12. ARI Moore
13. BUF Perreault
14. PIT Yager
15. NSH Danielson
16. CGY Wood
If Montreal wrongly in my opinion passes on Michkov, and is going to a select a player from the next tier down, there is no way they hand him to Arizona on a silver platter, If Arizona wants him they will need to outbid the teams in the 7-10 range and Montreal will move back not waste 5 on Dvorsky.

spfan

May 4, 2009
If Montreal wrongly in my opinion passes on Michkov, and is going to a select a player from the next tier down, there is no way they hand him to Arizona on a silver platter, If Arizona wants him they will need to outbid the teams in the 7-10 range and Montreal will move back not waste 5 on Dvorsky.
I think any team outside of Chicago shouldn't pass on Michkov, but he may fall further than some expect. There was that 1 Habs reporter saying they wouldn't pick Michkov, but who knows.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007

Red Wings and Blues have talked to him a lot and they pick 9 and 10 for their respective first selections, though both also have later 1sts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad