Player Discussion Guess who we found today? Comtois playing at the local roller rink!!!

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Work work work!!!! Comtois working around the clock anyway he can like Kobe Bryant!!!! At the roller rink! We got a contract coming Comtois!!! Don’t worry. So cool to see em making anyway he can for a work out

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I feel like he can be a 1st liner. He has the work ethic and the talent. All 3 of our main guys in the nhl are hard workers. Let’s hope whoever we get in this years draft along with dostal and Perrault work to improve as well

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
But he should be on his way to the Worlds. One of the training halls they are finishing up right now is just 5 minutes from my place, maybe I can stalk him and team Canada some time at practice :laugh:

PS
He will be PISSED when he finds out that IIRC we don't have any roller rinks in Latvia.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Have to admire a guy who is still this focused even after a season of leading his team in scoring.
This is the kind of person they need to keep. This group of young guys (Comtois, Zegras, Terry, Drysdale) are making it into the NHL together, don't want to see it broken up yet.
He's a good influence on the other young guys around him with his work ethic setting the example.

Comtois matured so fast, remember his play in the WJC where he dived alot and Canadians were criticizing him over it.
I have heard before that Getzlaf is against his teammates diving ?

DigiDuck

More covfefe please.
Jan 11, 2019
Burbank
I think they brought it up on broadcasts early into Kesler's tenure, because he had cut down on his antics since Getzy doesn't tolerate it.

Love seeing Comtois put in the work! He's probably thinking about all those goals he didn't score because he wasn't precise enough or didn't battle hard enough.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Have to admire a guy who is still this focused even after a season of leading his team in scoring.
This is the kind of person they need to keep. This group of young guys (Comtois, Zegras, Terry, Drysdale) are making it into the NHL together, don't want to see it broken up yet.
He's a good influence on the other young guys around him with his work ethic setting the example.

Comtois matured so fast, remember his play in the WJC where he dived alot and Canadians were criticizing him over it.
Lmao I remember people thought the ducks (perry and kesler) were bad influences on comtois :laugh::laugh::laugh: I don’t know if anyone can find the footage but basically the commentators were saying since he’s a ducks prospect they aren’t surprised he’s diving

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I think they brought it up on broadcasts early into Kesler's tenure, because he had cut down on his antics since Getzy doesn't tolerate it.

Love seeing Comtois put in the work! He's probably thinking about all those goals he didn't score because he wasn't precise enough or didn't battle hard enough.
I bet Getzlaf hates Soccer :)

Bergey37

May 19, 2019

Yes to the bolded. And I believe that MC will also become a 60-point player or better. These guys you mention (and hopefully Terry also, but I'm less sanguine about him) will continue to grow and find chemistry together; and if getting Eichel means breaking that up, then I think I'd pass on Eichel.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lmao I remember people thought the ducks (perry and kesler) were bad influences on comtois :laugh::laugh::laugh: I don’t know if anyone can find the footage but basically the commentators were saying since he’s a ducks prospect they aren’t surprised he’s diving
can't imagine comtois was around perry/kesler much since he only played 10 games for the big club in 18-19

but i guess when you're around those two, you may not even need 10 games to pick up on the art of diving

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
can't imagine comtois was around perry/kesler much since he only played 10 games for the big club in 18-19

but i guess when you're around those two, you may not even need 10 games to pick up on the art of diving
Comtois could have looked at them and saw how 2 big forwards who play very physical ended up being injury prone and he doesn't want to end up like that so he's been less aggressive physically except for like when he got into a fight when the Sharks went after Terry.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to play so physical until he's more established as a scorer to not hurt his development with a setback due to injgames ?

Notice how more often injured Lindholm is ever since he became more physical ? I hope Lindholm focuses more on his speed and skills than how hard he hits people so he can stay on the ice for 82 games.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Comtois could have looked at them and saw how 2 big forwards who play very physical ended up being injury prone and he doesn't want to end up like that so he's been less aggressive physically except for like when he got into a fight when the Sharks went after Terry.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to play so physical until he's more established as a scorer to not hurt his development with a setback due to injgames ?

Notice how more often injured Lindholm is ever since he became more physical ? I hope Lindholm focuses more on his speed and skills than how hard he hits people so he can stay on the ice for 82 games.
Can't say I recall lindholm getting more physical. I always thought he had an edge. Dis we see a drastic uptick in hits in recent year or something?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Can't say I recall lindholm getting more physical. I always thought he had an edge. Dis we see a drastic uptick in hits in recent year or something?
His first 2 to 3 years were not quite as physical and then he started to play with a edge more and be meaner.
I remember wanting him to be more mean because he's 6'3 and strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad