Guess What: Your Local Mom `n` Pop Pizza is Absolute ****ing Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2008
You’re a broke-ass Asian. What the hell would you know about pizza and good pizza at that??
Who told you that? I'm as rich as Daniel LaRusso.

iu

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Compared to Italy, American sucks in general, no matter where you buy it

Pizza in Italy is overrated TBH, at least in the tourists spots it's blatantly average in taste and overpriced

I love me some Dominos though, and getting fresh dough and sauce from Wegmans and making my own in my cast iron pan. Little Caesar's Detroit Style is really good too, so is Giordano's/Lou Malnatti's

There are some local places that make unique looking/tasting pies (I'm not talking about Napoli or NYC wannabe pies, but a different style that's specific to the restaurant where the crust and sauce are different than the traditional pizza types), but they're expensive compared to national chains

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Pizza in Italy is overrated TBH, at least in the tourists spots it's blatantly average in taste and overpriced

I love me some Dominos though, and getting fresh dough and sauce from Wegmans and making my own in my cast iron pan. Little Caesar's Detroit Style is really good too, so is Giordano's/Lou Malnatti's

There are some local places that make unique looking/tasting pies (I'm not talking about Napoli or NYC wannabe pies, but a different style that's specific to the restaurant where the crust and sauce are different than the traditional pizza types), but they're expensive compared to national chains

Didn’t have a single pizza in Italy that lived up to the hype I built in my head.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
Fair enough. I’ve always wanted to try the espresso in Italy. :)

I spent a few months traveling through Europe and lived off of black coffee/espresso--straight coffee products (black coffee/espresso) has only minor differences in taste and quality most of the time--whether you get it from a fancy shop or Tim Horton's/Au bon pain (I mean, humans have had decades to figure it out by now and coffee is as mainstream a product as you can get).

Most of the purported differences in quality is, in my opinion, make believe spread by the wine expert-equivalent for coffee lovers. Without added flavors (and adjusting for filtration method and how dilute the coffee/espresso is), I think there's a very marginal difference between standard coffee and the super-expensive Jamaican/Indonesian monkey poop coffee

I think what people consider to be the "magical" coffee experience are really just satisfying their addiction to caffeine

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

you're right, frozen pizza is better.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
you're right, frozen pizza is better.

Y'all should spend less time being offended when people point out your product isn't what you hype it up to be, and instead, maybe, improve the standards you hold your restaurants to--especially the ones that cater to tourists since they're the ones that are gonna tell everyone back home whether the hype is true or not

Food in Italy is overrated and sub-standard. Food in France, on the other hand, is generally fantastic

63d600c366b2c587b78947feac9554ab.jpg

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Y'all should spend less time being offended when people point out your product isn't what you hype it up to be, and instead, maybe, improve the standards you hold your restaurants to--especially the ones that cater to tourists since they're the ones that are gonna tell everyone back home whether the hype is true or not

Food in Italy is overrated and sub-standard. Food in France, on the other hand, is generally fantastic

63d600c366b2c587b78947feac9554ab.jpg

You wrote 4 lines and you got them all wrong

Sep 19, 2008

Napoli pizza is pretty good despite what Furio tells you

Jiminy Cricket

#TeamMeat
Mar 9, 2014
Premium Ingredient`s. That is wat u get every single day at Papa John`s. Where the hell else can u get that. I will wait. And I Will be waiting a Damb long time because i guarantee nobody is putting out that level of Quality. Don`t even mess with me when it come`s to Father Jonathan`s, & Now they want to cancel Papa John. Well good luck with that, They are just jealous of his Pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad