Speculation: Guess what these Oilers will sign for

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What do you think these Oilers will sign for and provide any comps if necessary:

Yamamoto
McLeod
Kane
Puljujarvi (I think we will trade him but let's assume he is re-signed)
Kulak

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
What do you think these Oilers will sign for and provide any comps if necessary:

Yamamoto
McLeod
Kane
Kulak
Yamamoto 2.5M x 3
McLeod 1M × 1
Kane 6M x 4 (not with Edmonton)
Pulujarvi 1.5M x 1 (or traded)
Kulak 2.5 M x 4

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017
Yams 2.75Mx3
McLeod 1.5Mx2
The Bison King 2.3Mx1 (probably traded)
Kulak 2.5Mx3
Kane 6.5Mx5 (not us)

Last edited:

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
You guys seriously think McLeod can be had for only a million? He moved the needle more than Kassian. If I'm McLeod's agent, I'd be looking at Foegele and go from there.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You guys seriously think McLeod can be had for only a million? He moved the needle more than Kassian. If I'm McLeod's agent, I'd be looking at Foegele and go from there.
I think it'll be more than a mil, but not a heck of a lot more. Something similar to Yamo who was coming off of similar points in less games.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Kinda gotta figure out who is willing to pay the price to buy a ticket to the McDrai show and who just wants to maximize their earnings. I’m sure there are some players on the open market looking to buy a ticket to the show. A conference finals run with all of the hype and outside guys might be thinking the window is now For this group. Ken Holland has a very complicated and difficult job this offseason, partly due to his free spending ways the past couple of offseasons. I’m rooting for him, PLEASE be perfect and win every deal.

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
Yamamoto = 3 x 2.5
McLeod = 1 x 1.25
Kane = 7.5 x 5 (not with oilers)
Puljujarvi = 1 x 2.5 (with oilers)
Kulak = 4 x 2.75

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
The crazier part to me is people think Yamamoto can be had for like 2-2.5? Uh what? He’s 23 and had 41 points and 20 goals. He plays like next to 0 PP time also, where like I said with Nurse, his agent will argue that into the picture.

Yamamoto 3.5X2, that’s lowball too, if his agent wants he can make this really difficult for Edm, a team like Seattle would gladly pay Yamamoto over 4 with term

McLeod- 1.75X1
Kane-7X3, I think with Edm, people are gonna be weary of term with him, I think he also may settle on his grievance for a good chunk of change. I think there is 0 chance Holland lets him hit open market, he will move whatever he can to make it work and pray a year from now people aren’t complaining about the entire cap in the forwards.
Puljujarvi-zero chance he’s not traded, gets a 2MX1 offer from new team

Kulak 2.5X2

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Whatever amounts they sign for I hope Holland has learned something about tacking on another year or two to the deal(s) and then discovering 6 months later that it was the wrong move and the contract is virtually untradeable --unless you throw in some serious sweeteners.

Agents around the league know that Holland likes to play the "gentleman" and give players the benefit of the doubt. This practice has hurt the team.

As an example, perhaps you sign Puls to a 1 year deal--- but not 2.

Last edited:

NoDust33

Apr 11, 2016
The crazier part to me is people think Yamamoto can be had for like 2-2.5? Uh what? He’s 23 and had 41 points and 20 goals. He plays like next to 0 PP time also, where like I said with Nurse, his agent will argue that into the picture.

Yamamoto 3.5X2, that’s lowball too, if his agent wants he can make this really difficult for Edm, a team like Seattle would gladly pay Yamamoto over 4 with term

McLeod- 1.75X1
Kane-7X3, I think with Edm, people are gonna be weary of term with him, I think he also may settle on his grievance for a good chunk of change. I think there is 0 chance Holland lets him hit open market, he will move whatever he can to make it work and pray a year from now people aren’t complaining about the entire cap in the forwards.
Puljujarvi-zero chance he’s not traded, gets a 2MX1 offer from new team

Kulak 2.5X2

If yams gets 3.5-4 mil from the oilers and we trade JP who turns around and signs for 2 mil with a new team, when they have been very comparable players in terms of production who are both arbitration eligible, that's just gross mismanagement.

Reactions: oilers'72

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

Yamamoto
McLeod
Kane
Kulak

Yamamoto shown usefullnessin playoff - and that is what you pay for so 4x 3m$.
McLeod dito, he shown he can provide scoring,speed, defense. I would go for a long term contract here, woth low cap. 6x2$.
Kane, He will cost loads of money. GIve him a short contact over the window that holland has left 2x6m$.
Puljujärvi -- yes I agree, this is a guy that the team could trade - he just isnt so playoff-ish. Even Kassian provides more clutch goals here and there. Fogele was aquired to boost physchiality and power to the 3rd line, and being a playoff help. He wasnt the latter. My bet is that Fogele is the first to go of them all.Barrie is another one I could see be traded - but I guess he cemented a stay in the playoff.
IF Pulju resigns, he would go for like 2-3x2,5$m. Kind of a bridge.

If Holland was to win, he better solidify the D, and Kulak is the first man to resign here.
He provides steadyness and experience and the 2 and 3 pairing. No Kris Russell money, but 2,5-3$ x as many years as he wishes, just resgin at that pricetag.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00