Guess the Roster and Taxi Squad

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
If the concussion isn't still bothering him Baer is a more useful player than Eriksson now (I'd take occasional secondary scorer over a fourth line offensive black hole that PKs), so you should first argue LE shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. Either way... it's just the taxi squad and neither are on the opening roster, and there are still four other options on the taxi.

drivier

Apr 30, 2009
Vancouver
Posted this yesterday in another thread...

Utica
Michaelis
Graovac
Gadjovic
Lind
Bailey
Rathbone (taxi squad candidate but he needs to play)
Woo
Eliot
Teves
Dipietro (taxi squad candidate but he needs to play)

Add Lockwood to Utica?

Lockwood seems to me to be a name that no one is really excited about - but as to having a potential home in the bottom 6 and actually making the club (especially with Green's love for a certain type of player in that role), am I wrong in thinking he is closer to having a home on the roster than the other forwards on the list above (except for maybe Michaelis and Bailey depending on who is being replaced?)

I see demonstrate a physical player with a motor who works just as hard on defense as offense.

Reactions: iceburg

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Add Lockwood to Utica?

Lockwood seems to me to be a name that no one is really excited about - but as to having a potential home in the bottom 6 and actually making the club (especially with Green's love for a certain type of player in that role), am I wrong in thinking he is closer to having a home on the roster than the other forwards on the list above (except for maybe Michaelis and Bailey depending on who is being replaced?)

I see demonstrate a physical player with a motor who works just as hard on defense as offense.
I agree. It was a complete wiff on my part. Edited it about 14 minutes ago to add Lockwood.... looks like I was doing that just as you were posting...great minds and all that...

Reactions: drivier

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Lockwood seems like an obvious choice for Utica. Hasn't proven anything, hasn't played any pro hockey, and they have guys who can be called up at lower cap hits (not only his cap hit but also potential performance bonuses would count against the LTIR pool). Get him started in the AHL this season and see how he does.

Reactions: 420Canuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Pearson Pettersson Virtanen
Miller Horvat MacEwan
Motte Sutter Boeser
Hoglander Beagle Roussell
Gaudette

Hughes Schmidt
Edler Myers
Benn Harmonic

Reactions: Luckylarry

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
kielly cannot realistically be ready to play in an nhl game. so i think they keep de pietro up here until they find a journeyman. they have until the ahl season starts to do that.
He's not a better option than DiPietro. But this is about playing time. If one goalie gets hurt, you make the call to Utica to bring up DiPietro and send Kielly down. Highly, highly unlikely that the second goalie gets hurt in the period between the first injury, travel, and quarantine of DiPietro. In the meantime, DiPietro gets to play big minutes in Utica. Makes perfect sense to me to start DiPietro in Utica.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
He's not a better option than DiPietro. But this is about playing time. If one goalie gets hurt, you make the call to Utica to bring up DiPietro and send Kielly down. Highly, highly unlikely that the second goalie gets hurt in the period between the first injury, travel, and quarantine of DiPietro. In the meantime, DiPietro gets to play big minutes in Utica. Makes perfect sense to me to start DiPietro in Utica.

You can't send Kielly down. You need to dress 2 goalies. I can see your argument, but I think that they will want to have a 3rd goalie on hand no matter what. Its a bit of a dilemma. In fact, the second a goalie goes down, then need to have a back up in the system to replace the taxi squad goalie asap.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
You can't send Kielly down. You need to dress 2 goalies. I can see your argument, but I think that they will want to have a 3rd goalie on hand no matter what. Its a bit of a dilemma. In fact, the second a goalie goes down, then need to have a back up in the system to replace the taxi squad goalie asap.
If there’s an injury, yes, that third goalie needs to be around. Kielly would stay as backup until DiPietro cleared quarantine. Then Kielly would go back on the taxi squad or get sent to Utica. If the injury is long term then they would for sure need another goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad