Speculation: Guess The Cap Ceiling! Yay...

Ron*

Okay here we go. We are officially in bored-to-****ing-death no-hockey summer.

Let's take a poll! (sung to "let's have a parade!" by Tim Lie-Weekly)

Where is the cap gonna be?

I would have posted this on the main board, but hey: I'm not a moderator. I'm not allowed to do that. :(

Anyway, I've given a range of options. Give your opinion! Vote!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
$71 million dollars.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ron*

Jesus H. Christ I am a moron.

Ashamed even more, since I have a B.A. in Math (a long time ago, don't ****ing ask).

Of course, the poll options should read:

CAP < 69%

69% <= CAP <= 70%

70% <= CAP <= 71%

71% <= CAP <= 72%

72% <= CAP <= 73%

CAP > 73%

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Jesus H. Christ I am a moron.

Ashamed even more, since I have a B.A. in Math (a long time ago, don't ****ing ask).

Of course, the poll options should read:

CAP < 69%

69% <= CAP <= 70%

70% <= CAP <= 71%

71% <= CAP <= 72%

72% <= CAP <= 73%

CAP > 73%

What do the percent signs mean

Ron*

oh no worries.. I saw when people were voting that you probably meant millions but I honestly didn't know if the percentage was indicative of anything. Wasn't trying to give you a hard time! Grab a cold one. :yo:

I'm gonna grab several cold ones. Right after I finish with this one.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I'm more curious about when the NHL actually plans to announce the cap number. You'd think they'd have done it before the buy out period started.

Ron*

I'm more curious about when the NHL actually plans to announce the cap number. You'd think they'd have done it before the buy out period started.

The rumors are intensifying that it will be sometime next week, perhaps as early as Wednesday, June 24. I originally heard June 22, but that's a Monday, making it highly unlikely that they would announce it right after a weekend.

But who really knows?

This guy...

bacYUa.png

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Realistically speaking, I see the cap at US $70M and flatline at that amount for three years in a row; afterwards, US $73M.

Kind of agree. I think whatever it lands at, the needle will be there for at least a couple of years while currency figures out what the hell it's going to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad