Gudas to have hearing for Slash/High Stick on Kucherov [upd. two-game suspension]

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
That is stupid and deserves a few games but where was the hearing for Mantha’s hit on Giroux?

DoPS is full of inconsistent BS.

Well, precisely. Mantha's was worse than most minor suspensions this season and literally nothing happened. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Qyburn

ELab2

Apr 9, 2007
Atlantic City
Looks like Kucharov gets his stick up on Gudas right before and this was in retaliation. I didn’t see the lead-up on the telecast.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Being former Team-mates I'm inclined to believe it was accidental. Still, regardless of if he intended it or not though it needs to be disciplined.

Goon42

Apr 12, 2013
Not even close to being as bad as Malkin's 1 game suspension. Fine at the most you softies.

Reactions: Grimm

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well, precisely. Mantha's was worse than most minor suspensions this season and literally nothing happened. Ridiculous.

Hyman was suspended two games for a hit on McAvoy and I am not sure how Mantha got away for something much dangerous where he basically drove Giroux’s head right where the glass meets the boards.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Bad, but not as bad as Malkin's swing. Maybe give him a game flat as well since he's got his own learning complications, but at least he looked like he was in control of what he was doing emotionally. Gave him a bonk in response to whatever Kucherov was doing after they tied up, but the potential for injury doesn't seem very high. It's just a stupid thing to do on purpose.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
It was either an accident or a moment of Gudas being Gudas. Radko is not the brightest bulb. He immediately thought better of it, and looked apologetic.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
So this gets a hearing but not Hagg who went out of his way to elbow a guy in the head. Seems legit

Agreed, the wrong Flyers defenseman is getting suspended. This was some sort of weird brainfart on Gudas' part. Deserving of the 2 minute penalty and phone hearing, but clearly not something malicious. Hagg's was a legit chicken wing to the head that didn't even get penalized and should get him a seat in the pressbox for a game or two. The NHL works in mysterious ways.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Not even close to being as bad as Malkin's 1 game suspension. Fine at the most you softies.
Why compare? Both acts are disgusting and have no place in hockey. Defending the act as “it wasn’t as bad” isn’t right either.

It’s not that no one is soft either. Gudas hit him in the head with his stick and it wasn’t during the play, “high stick”, that occurs during the game. The DoPS is incredibly incompetent and inconsistent, but that’s 3 games at least... most likely and rightfully so. I just watched it and man is that dumb. I said on our own board that if Malkin got suspended one game then Gudas should have something similar and I was wrong for that... these acts are gross and if you have the emotional stability of a baby, you better learn to handle it and act professional.

However- I do think that Hagg has the worse play and should’ve been suspended for a little bit and he literally went away from the play and made a blindside hit to Paquettes face right infront of the ref. That’s disgusting too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad