Gudas suspended for 3 games for headshot

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
1 or 2 max would have been fair for a first time offender. They didn't even wait to see if Zib will miss any games.

Meanwhile serial offender Rinaldo got away with a headshot that knocked Couturier out for weeks.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
1 Game to long if you go by his prior history. When your throwing as many hits as Gudas does the potential for stupid hits goes up, but for the most part this season i haven't had any issues with him. Don't think those saying he is dirty have watched him.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
booooo. wasnt the cleanest hit but as its his first suspension...think three games is pretty frigging harsh. honestly thought one game. gonna miss him...one of my favorite flyers already.#freegudas

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't have a problem with the suspension, but it's obvious that the NHL even maybe less consistent than they ever have.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
booooo. wasnt the cleanest hit but as its his first suspension...think three games is pretty frigging harsh. honestly thought one game. gonna miss him...one of my favorite flyers already.#freegudas

Quintal is as stupid with the DoP****z as he was a player.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
The persecution complex is strong up there in Ottawa, that's for sure.

There is plenty of Flyer fans who think the league has a bias against them. there is no conspiracy against any team. Quintal and the rest of the NHL are just inconsistent as ****.
There is a reason why there is a joke called the wheel of justice. where it stops is anyone's guess.
For the record I dont have an issue with the suspension. They got this one right. probably could argue it should only be 2 games but whatever.
most of the time when I hear the reasoning behind a suspension or no discipline i go "wait, what"?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So maybe I looked at the wrong gif... can someone post the hit again (I know there are new site rules in place that might prevent this... MSE or someone can correct me if so).

I am of the side of suspending plays with intent to injure. I am the one that is usually on board with Rinaldo, Downie, etc do stupid plays with the purpose of inflicting cheap pain on the player. Again maybe I looked at it wrong, but I didnt see an intent to injure the guy there... nor did I see a wreckless place. AGAIN, post the gif for me if possible, Only say it once so a good chance I am wrong here.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
So maybe I looked at the wrong gif... can someone post the hit again (I know there are new site rules in place that might prevent this... MSE or someone can correct me if so).

I am of the side of suspending plays with intent to injure. I am the one that is usually on board with Rinaldo, Downie, etc do stupid plays with the purpose of inflicting cheap pain on the player. Again maybe I looked at it wrong, but I didnt see an intent to injure the guy there... nor did I see a wreckless place. AGAIN, post the gif for me if possible, Only say it once so a good chance I am wrong here.

Here are options to view the hit:
The current language allows for highlights to be posted on this site when applied to anything related to something deemed exceptional. Since this hit is part of a current discussion, we can post it as it was in the post-GDT prior to the suspension. Comparable hits -- whether involved suspensions or not -- can be viewed as well for purposes of this discussion.

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Here are options to view the hit:
The current language allows for highlights to be posted on this site when applied to anything related to something deemed exceptional. Since this hit is part of a current discussion, we can post it as it was in the post-GDT prior to the suspension. Comparable hits -- whether involved suspensions or not -- can be viewed as well for purposes of this discussion.

Awesome thanks!

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just checked out the main board thread for the first time... :laugh:

Sens fans are embarrassing themselves with some of those comments.

It wasn't a good hit and I don't have a problem with him being forced to take a seat (although three games is obviously excessive) but theyre being a bunch of dramatic children.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I don't have a problem with the suspension, but it's obvious that the NHL even maybe less consistent than they ever have.
Perhaps the message finally got to the NHL head office, after the article in TSN the other day regarding looking the other way when unnecessary physical play happens, that they need to get serious about head shots. If that's what happened here with Gudas' suspension, then fine. However lets see some consistency like when a player like Tom Wilson maims a guy and nothing happens.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Perhaps the message finally got to the NHL head office, after the article in TSN the other day regarding looking the other way when unnecessary physical play happens, that they need to get serious about head shots. If that's what happened here with Gudas' suspension, then fine. However lets see some consistency like when a player like Tom Wilson maims a guy and nothing happens.

Or when the cheapest player in the league, Malkin, headshots someone again....

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Nope. Nothing will change. Just wait for the next time a Flyer is hit with a headshot. Youll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad