Gudas suspended for 3 games for headshot

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
That used to be called a love tap. Surprised at the length.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Good, hit was trash. Gudas has a bad case of Rinaldo. Shame cause he's a decent player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Typical.

Flyers will always be punished more harshly than most other teams and hits against them will continue to go unpunished.

****ing joke.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm not annoyed that he got suspended, I'm annoyed with how insanely inconsistent the NHL is with punishments. Bunch of idiots.

It's as if they pick "Yes" or "No" out of one hat and then the number of games out of another hat.

Blooger Tron

Apr 21, 2015
Planet Vegeta
I'm not annoyed that he got suspended, I'm annoyed with how insanely inconsistent the NHL is with punishments. Bunch of idiots.

It's as if they pick "Yes" or "No" out of one hat and then the number of games out of another hat.

This 100%. Foligno doesn't even have a hearing for his knee on knee hit last night but Gudas gets three games? Dubinsky gets only 1 game for a cross check to the back of the head. The DoPS is a complete joke.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
Yes, the hit was suspendible, but there is no consistency whatsoever with the DoPS. It is like they are spinning a wheel when it comes to suspensions. Dubinsky: 1 game Gudas: 3 games. All i have to say is wow.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Dubinsky only got a game because he didn't even get called for a minor penalty for the hit. If he got a 5 & a game misconduct (which actually would have benefitted Pittsburgh) he wouldn't have faced supplementary discipline.

I think the league really needs to add in a review system for major penalties during the game that way refs aren't afraid of potentially making the wrong call. It would also weed out some bull**** ones.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Dubinsky only got a game because he didn't even get called for a minor penalty for the hit. If he got a 5 & a game misconduct (which actually would have benefitted Pittsburgh) he wouldn't have faced supplementary discipline.

I think the league really needs to add in a review system for major penalties during the game that way refs aren't afraid of potentially making the wrong call. It would also weed out some bull**** ones.

Neither did Gudas.

:help:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
How is the NHL this random, lol. I agree it needs punishment, but jumping clear to 3 games considering the incidents that get less or nothing is just silly.

At least now certain people can stop babbling their inanity about a league conspiracy against their team.

Origina1Master

Mar 15, 2015

I agree, that makes too much sense.

As for this suspension, I agree that DoPS really screwed us here. In the long run I don't really care about losing Gudas for 3 games, it's just the premiss. It should have been 1 game for a first time offender. I hate the magic wheel of DoPS injustice.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
How is the NHL this random, lol. I agree it needs punishment, but jumping clear to 3 games considering the incidents that get less or nothing is just silly.

At least now certain people can stop babbling their inanity about a league conspiracy against their team.

The persecution complex is strong up there in Ottawa, that's for sure.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
In today's NHL it's a dispensable hit because he led with his forearm. Based on what I saw he was VERY low to the ice and he is slow so momentum kinda was a factor in where his arms were. Sad that the NHL doesn't make these decisions based off similar plays.

Also for those commenting that gudas is dirty aren't watching. He is mean and tough and hits a lot but does not make questionable hits, leaves his feet or looks to injure.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
Typical.

Flyers will always be punished more harshly than most other teams and hits against them will continue to go unpunished.

****ing joke.

Apparently us flyer fans are the most idiotic fans around because we always think the nhl favors certain teams when giving out disciplinary punishments and that we don't understand hockey...... according to facebook, friends that root for other teams and on HF

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Gudas isn't a malicious player. He's just not in control a lot of the time. It depends on whether you think recklessness falls under being a dirty player.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I really don't know what point you're trying to make here.

How much more clear can it be? We are comparing the Dubinsky play to the Gudas play.

You said Dubinsky only got 1 game because there wasn't a minor.

Gudas got 3 games and there wasn't a minor.

I wasn't trying to make a point, so much as I was trying to disagree with your point.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Gudas isn't a malicious player. He's just not in control a lot of the time. It depends on whether you think recklessness falls under being a dirty player.

My point is that it's irresponsible. He needs to control himself better. Take it from DEFCON 1 to 2.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Apparently us flyer fans are the most idiotic fans around because we always think the nhl favors certain teams when giving out disciplinary punishments and that we don't understand hockey...... according to facebook, friends that root for other teams and on HF

Every fanbase regardless of sport or league has a fraction of looney's who think the higher ups are against their team. It's a coping mechanism for those who don't want to accept reality.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
How much more clear can it be? We are comparing the Dubinsky play to the Gudas play.

You said Dubinsky only got 1 game because there wasn't a minor.

Gudas got 3 games and there wasn't a minor.

I wasn't trying to make a point, so much as I was trying to disagree with your point.

I wasn't comparing the play, just stating what happened with Dubinsky. Dubinsky got suspended because he recieved nothing during the game when he should have received a major & a game misconduct. The league essentially rectified the refs mistake & didn't let Dubinsky completely off the hook.

Gudas deserved a suspension unforunately for him not getting penalized for if on the ice & Zibanejad being hurt likely factored against him leading to more games added on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad