Gudas' amazing effort to keep the blueline ends up for a goal

Mitts Marner*

Did you watch the replay? Definitely not a typical play that happens every week.

Flyers are good at this, I love when Ghost goes airborn diving to keep pucks in

I'm being very facetious.

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Gudas is a clean player. Why does everyone hate him?

Edit:

What I mean is that yes, he has been suspended but the plays aren't malicious. They might be borderline reckless but he's not like a Matt Cooke or a Chris Simon. So I'm not sure why people put him in the same bag.

Last edited:

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Gudas was a stud last season. He replaced Schultz and soon MDZ will replace MacDonald and the Flyers defense will look somewhat respectable.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
He'll be back to being an ******* by tomorrow :laugh:

krusty-doll.jpg

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Gudas is a clean player. Why does everyone hate him?

Edit:

What I mean is that yes, he has been suspended but the plays aren't malicious. They might be borderline reckless but he's not like a Matt Cooke or a Chris Simon. So I'm not sure why people put him in the same bag.

You can finish your check/play tough without doing the **** Gudas follows through on.

Please explain to me how pile driving Shane Doan's head (for example) into the boards was in any way, shape, or form necessary for taking him out of the play. Same with the other hits he has pulled.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
There is no way you can actually watch a flyers game and not notice that he is a good defenseman. People are being ignorant or just not watching him play to say otherwise. if only he would stop with the dirty hits...the flyers can use him in the lineup...

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
He is a very good, middle pairing Dmen who's partners always play better with him vs without him. He is physical but walks a very fine line at times...as we have seen.

He is the perfect compliment to the upcoming kids. Paid as a middle pairing a Dman, performs as a top 4 a Dman.....often going against top lines.

He's Gud.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
He is so massively under-rated.

54.62% Corsi since joining the Flyers... which is 12th best amongst the 167 defenseman to have played 800+ minutes in that time.

And he has been up against mainly 1st and 2nd lines with ~50% zone starts.

His +5.8% Corsi rel is 5th best amongst all NHL dmen in the same time-frame.

Impressive!

Better than Coburn lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad