George Richards GR's new website/coverage for the Panthers

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
This, I know sharing subscriptions and waiting for others to copy and paste onto message boards is the "thrifty" thing to do, but the reality is we need to think of subscribing to GR's website as an endorsement of what he is trying to do. If this doesn't work for him, he's going to leave the market and we won't have any coverage. If that happens, it's going to be too late to say you would have contributed $30 a year for good Panthers coverage because you had the chance and didn't.

I don’t mean to be copy and pasting or plagiarizing his articles. I’m merely just summarizing of what’s going on. He is writing a page or two articles to my jot notes. It is really good writing.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I don’t mean to be copy and pasting or plagiarizing his articles. I’m merely just summarizing of what’s going on. He is writing a page or two articles to my jot notes. It is really good writing.
It's still the same impact. One person pays and shares the info, whether it be copy and paste or a summary. All it takes is one guy to share the info and that allows a bunch of people to get away with not paying for the content George provides. It's easy to rationalize away when it's a big conglomerate, but when it's one guy, it's literally the money he needs to support himself. If the site doesn't make enough money, he will shut it down and do something else, somewhere else.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
It's still the same impact. One person pays and shares the info, whether it be copy and paste or a summary. All it takes is one guy to share the info and that allows a bunch of people to get away with not paying for the content George provides. It's easy to rationalize away when it's a big conglomerate, but when it's one guy, it's literally the money he needs to support himself. If the site doesn't make enough money, he will shut it down and do something else, somewhere else.

I just saw you can comment on his articles, though no one really does. I’ll just use that space then to write my comments.

Reactions: Beezeral

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Except I don’t have any social media.
I get it. there's nothing wrong with discussing his articles here or anywhere else. It's when we blatantly take his content and make it so others don't have to pay to be able to get the same information that hurts GR.

Reactions: Cold Cat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad