George Richards GR's new website/coverage for the Panthers

Bure1096

Mar 6, 2007
Florida
I liked the podcast, too inconsistent though. Considering GR may be doing it full time, might start listening again.
That was the issue to be honest. People have personal lives and as soon as things started to shut down it became less of a priority. Either way I am happy it's coming back with GR.

Reactions: drktmplr12

drktmplr12

Feb 28, 2018
Florida
That was the issue to be honest. People have personal lives and as soon as things started to shut down it became less of a priority. Either way I am happy it's coming back with GR.
yeah, josh and frank did great-they just had too little time to orchestrate a daily podcast. i think they just bit off a bit more than they could chew together with their own work/social lives.

I must acknowledge that a lot of work and thought goes into one-not even including coming up with daily content and I give them credit for doing it.

Reactions: Bure1096

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
GRs article today talked about how Barky was geared up and excited for the playoffs.

The quote GR got from Barky is wonderful. Barky almost sounded robotic. It's like we are about to witness v2.0 he installed over the break.

"“For me, the Stanley Cup playoffs is everything. I would not leave my bed but just go to games and practices for the chance to play in the playoffs and try and win the Stanley Cup. This is what we live for."

I have not read a good Panthers piece in a while. This was great. :bow:

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
GRs article today talked about how Barky was geared up and excited for the playoffs.

The quote GR got from Barky is wonderful. Barky almost sounded robotic. It's like we are about to witness v2.0 he installed over the break.

"“For me, the Stanley Cup playoffs is everything. I would not leave my bed but just go to games and practices for the chance to play in the playoffs and try and win the Stanley Cup. This is what we live for."

I have not read a good Panthers piece in a while. This was great. :bow:

Is he gonna keep the beard though?
We're getting old, Barky is all grown up now.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Is he gonna keep the beard though?
We're getting old, Barky is all grown up now.

In my perfect world, everyone on the team would be growing a moustache for the playoffs. Especially if Q has to wear a mask behind the bench.

I have been growing one for two months now. I plan to keep it going for at least as long as they're still in the playoffs.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
We had George Richards on our Podcast to talk about his new website. Lot of good stuff about what he plans for Florida Hockey Now. Hope you give it a listen to this episode and some of our others. Our podcast with The Jersey Finder was a lot of fun.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I liked the podcast, too inconsistent though. Considering GR may be doing it full time, might start listening again.
Doing a daily podcast is an impossible task unless it's your full time job. Those two did the best they could but have too much going on to consistently hit 5 podcasts a week.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
In my perfect world, everyone on the team would be growing a moustache for the playoffs. Especially if Q has to wear a mask behind the bench.

I have been growing one for two months now. I plan to keep it going for at least as long as they're still in the playoffs.

Think they already stated coaches won't be forced to wear masks.
Even if they were forced, Panthers marketing department should have made Q a mask with a stache on it.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Jots from GR's article on the first day of camp:

• Q was excited about how good the team looked today, especially after such a long break. Possibly the best practice of the year.
  • Q mentioned how Keeper looks good.
  • Tallas was raving about how good Bob looked.

Lines so far: (bold is for sure, italics is questionable still)

Franķie - Barky - Daddy

?
?
Scooter - Cookie - Pysser

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
  • Q was excited about how good the team looked today, especially after such a long break. Possibly the best practice of the year.
  • Q mentioned how Keeper looks good.
  • Tallas was raving about how good Bob looked.

Lines so far: (bold is for sure, italics is questionable still)

Franķie - Barky - Daddy

?
?
Scooter - Cookie - Pysser

Love to hear that, been pulling for this guy ever since we signed him.
For those who don't know/see him enough, think of a blend between Stillman and Weegar.

Think he will be on the 3rd pair next year and should learn a lot from Stralman as a mentor going forward.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Love to hear that, been pulling for this guy ever since we signed him.
For those who don't know/see him enough, think of a blend between Stillman and Weegar.

Think he will be on the 3rd pair next year and should learn a lot from Stralman as a mentor going forward.

Keeper has the potential to be better than Stillman for sure.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Keeper has the potential to be better than Stillman for sure.

We may not have any elite D prospects but the likes of Keeper, Ludvig, Kolyachonok to go along with Stillman and Weegar who bring some physical defense first hockey. We need that.

Priskie and Gildon supply offense/skating/PP ability.
May also draft a D with our 1st this year.
Will be fun to see who climbs the ranks out of some good #3-6D projections?

Got a fave on that list above?

Reactions: Cold Cat

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
We may not have any elite D prospects but the likes of Keeper, Ludvig, Kolyachonok to go along with Stillman and Weegar who bring some physical defense first hockey. We need that.

Priskie and Gildon supply offense/skating/PP ability.
May also draft a D with our 1st this year.
Will be fun to see who climbs the ranks out of some good #3-6D projections?

Got a fave on that list above?

I mean, it's hard not to love Ludvig. He seems to do all the right things and kind of has a old school approach to him. 0 technology, 100% hard work. My kind of player.

I Need to see more of Priskie to get an opinion on him. What I'm hearing though, I really like.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I mean, it's hard not to love Ludvig. He seems to do all the right things and kind of has a old school approach to him. 0 technology, 100% hard work. My kind of player.

I Need to see more of Priskie to get an opinion on him. What I'm hearing though, I really like.

Don't know if you read this when it came out?
'Slow, chubby little kid' becomes another Winterhawk in line for NHL
If not, enjoy.
Even his name sounds mean.
Keep seeing work ethic and determination to get better when you read about him.

I'd agree, right now it's toss up of Keeper or Ludvig for me, either brings an old school physical/scrappy game with decent skating/2-way skills.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I was wrong again, they skated for a third straight day. They're supposed to have seven more practices, and leaving for Toronto on July 26th.

Jots from GR's article on the third day of camp:

• Cookie was not on the ice. He had a maintenance day off, was in the building though.
  • Lou got an extended look in Cookie's spot.
  • Everyone seems to love the noon start times. Guaranteed they are starting the game on time, plus fresh ice. Even the 4 p.m. start times, players are looking forward to a nice dinner post game

Reactions: harv33173

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Also subscribed and join in urging others to support local reporting
This, I know sharing subscriptions and waiting for others to copy and paste onto message boards is the "thrifty" thing to do, but the reality is we need to think of subscribing to GR's website as an endorsement of what he is trying to do. If this doesn't work for him, he's going to leave the market and we won't have any coverage. If that happens, it's going to be too late to say you would have contributed $30 a year for good Panthers coverage because you had the chance and didn't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad