Group tickets for Sharks @ Stars Nov. 8, 2014

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
As most of you know, since Nov 09 I've been living in the Dallas area. Each season I try to go to all of the Sharks games in Dallas. In fact, there is a fan group of us Sharks fans who live out here, "DFW Sharks."

We try to sit together for games, have viewing parties, etc. The last few seasons we've been working with the Stars Group Seating Rep on group tickets and it's been really fun to sit in a pack of Sharks fans, especially since I find Stars fans insufferable. :laugh:

So this season the Sharks are in town twice, once on a Saturday in November (Nov. 8) and then in February (Thursday, Feb. 19).

Since there is a bigger turnout for Saturday games and people from out of town can come, we are, again, trying to organize group seating. Usually, the Stars would let us put a couple bucks down and then we buy tickets directly from the Stars (either by calling the Group rep, or we get a direct, private web link to buy tickets from them).

BUT since they made the playoffs this year, everything has changed. There is now more interest from the Dallas bandwagoners in the Stars, so group seating is not as easy to get as in years past. They want a substantial deposit now, and ideally, want people to buy tix NOW. We can't even buy them directly from the Group Rep / Stars, we have to send our money to our DFW Sharks fan club leader, who in turn, sends it off to the Stars.

I'm hoping to get a big turnout for this game on Saturday November 8, and maybe even people from the Bay Area or parts elsewhere. The thing is, it looks like people need to commit now to be able sit in the group.

If anyone is interested, the link below is to our new home for the fan club (was on FB, but leader got tired of FB, now created a forum site) with more info about this game. Tix are $55/each and either lower bowl or their version of club seats (which, inexplicably, are on a mezzanine level).

I will also note, and you can contact him directly, but the DFW Sharks fan club leader/President, Josh Ganz, also gets and is happy to give you a killer discount on hotels if you wanna come down. (like $49/night for a nice hotel near the American Airlines Center)

http://dfwsharks.freeforums.net/thread/3/saturday-11-sharks-stars-7pm

You can also call the Stars Group Sales rep, D'Ann Faught (214-387-5646), to verify all of this.

I know it's a long shot because, if you don't live in the area, how the hell can you commit to going to a game in Dallas in November, but to the extent you are already looking to book a Sharks-related vacation in a weekend in November, you can already get the pieces going now. I'll post any other information I got on this as it becomes available/as we get closer to the date. I can answer any questions here too. Thanks.

GO SHARKS!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad