World Cup: Group H: Colombia vs. Japan, 6/19/2018

Result?

• Total voters

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Like, yeah. They changed the rule so that last man tackles that become penalties aren't reds anymore - handball blocking a goal is still stonewall.

To add/clarify on this. It should only be "reduced" to a yellow if the tackle was an attempt to win the ball. Jones on Hazard in the FA cup final was one like that. Clearly last man back, but his tackle was an attempt to win the ball so it was only a yellow. If instead he had just reached out with his hands and literally tackled him, it still should have been a red as it wasn't an attempt to get the ball.

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Make

Apr 15, 2004
Finland
Kind of looked like the ref was feeling the heat to call a free kick after some 50-50 calls weren't made for Colombia
's way. Too bad it was from a great spot.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
The commentator just sang "Ole Ole Ole" after Colombia scored..I mean I'm sorry but I wasn't aware I'm watching the English language broadcast of Colombian state television.
Are you watching fox sports? I think the guy has been equally excited for each team. Although its funny, it almost seems like he doesn't know much about soccer.

The Hound

Oct 10, 2015
Osako has looked awful when he’s been on the ball. Bring on Okazaki start of next half. South American diving really is next level :laugh:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Are you watching fox sports? I think the guy has been equally excited for each team. Although its funny, it almost seems like he doesn't know much about soccer.

Unfortunately I am watching FS1. And I feel like they're using him as the "Latin America" commentator, i.e. using him only in matches where they figure a big % of viewers is Hispanic, so it seems like his commentary is also slanted toward those teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad