World Cup: Group G: Tunisia vs. England, 6/18/2018

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It will be fun to see the characters of Arsenal Fan TV reacting their beloved countries 1-0 loss to Tunisia

Reactions: Rob

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Reports say England's press conference lasted more than an hour. Not once was the word "Tunisia" spoken.
Says a lot.

Interesting. Just watched it and it lasted roughly 23 minutes. None of the questions mentioned the Tunisia game specifically. They were all generic questions about the WC so far, England's preparation and one about the history of Volgograd.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I don't follow domestic league soccer to nearly the extent I once did...but man, who the hell are all these guys? Unless I'm grossly misinformed about a bunch of these players, England sure doesn't seem to produce much talent anymore. Used to be that most of the starting lineup was at least players of repute, even if their chances of winning the thing were overblown. Harry Kane is the only notable name this casual fan can pick out among the whole lot.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I don't follow domestic league soccer to nearly the extent I once did...but man, who the hell are all these guys? Unless I'm grossly misinformed about a bunch of these players, England sure doesn't seem to produce much talent anymore. Used to be that most of the starting lineup was at least players of repute, even if their chances of winning the thing were overblown. Harry Kane is the only notable name this casual fan can pick out among the whole lot.

To be fair they do have a lot of talent, just not enough

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I find it funny for a team that is lacking proper CBs to go with a 3 CBs backline. Especially when you force a guy like Walker to play RCB. You have one of the fine RB in the game, and you play him RCB. Also lol if Young is starting.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I keep looking at the England roster as if I will suddenly like it...but it just is not happening

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Young wtf? Is Rashford injured or something? Yikes. And I'd maybe go with Cahill over Stones, he's in better form.

Whatever, I'm gonna eat some vindaloo cos it's coming home.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Interesting. Just watched it and it lasted roughly 23 minutes. None of the questions mentioned the Tunisia game specifically. They were all generic questions about the WC so far, England's preparation and one about the history of Volgograd.
I admit, I read that on a journalist twitter account :dunno:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
1-1 with a very late equalizer (eventually credited to Harry Kane)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Young wtf? Is Rashford injured or something? Yikes. And I'd maybe go with Cahill over Stones, he's in better form.

Whatever, I'm gonna eat some vindaloo cos it's coming home.

Yea Rashford was injured. Small injury in training but enough to apparently keep him from starting.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Butland
Walker Cahill Stones Rose
Dier Henderson
Rashford Alli Sterling
Kane

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I would've started Cahill over Trippier and played Walker at RWB.

Young in there is unsurprising - one hypothesis I heard for why he was even brought in the 23-man squad (extended as to why he's starting) is that this England squad is seriously lacking in set piece takers, and he's a guy who can take corners.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I would've started Cahill over Trippier and played Walker at RWB.

Young in there is unsurprising - one hypothesis I heard for why he was even brought in the 23-man squad (extended as to why he's starting) is that this England squad is seriously lacking in set piece takers, and he's a guy who can take corners.

Mate they've got Harry for the corners ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad