Euro: Group E: Belgium vs. Republic of Ireland, 6/18/2016

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Much better performance from Belgium, even if it was only against Ireland. No reason why they can't win this tournament with the team they have.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
If Belgium gets second in the group then they'd play the winner of Portugal's group which isn't too bad. The other option was most likely Croatia which can be a tough match-up. And instead of going on to meeting Germany in the quarters it would be England. Tough opponent but it's not Germany either. If they get their **** together, semis is not an impossible task. But then they'll get their ass handed to them by Spain who is probably to the favorite to win it all along with Germany (France still don't look convincing).

Sykie

Feb 28, 2002
Geneva
snhl.free.fr
Not so sure that shouldn't have been dangerous play in the box before the Belgian goal.

For me, there was. Problem it was in the surface so it would have been penalty for Ireland, and Belgium scored 1-0 on the counter attack. That's kinda lame for the irishs, especially because there was also a Belgium hand in the surface a few minutes later when Ireland tried to come back in the game. The least we can say is that referees didn't help Ireland here.

I don't think Belgium would have won that game if Ireland would take the lead instead of the opposite.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad