GDT: Group D • May 2 • Latvia 2, Finland 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Looks pretty bleak so far. Can't remember one decent chance for us.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Not to hype the kid even more, but it's a joy watch Granlund play.

But you cant overhype him easily.. I dont know ANY so skilled finnish player, specially at that age. He challenges all the time and every situation where he takes part on offensive zone is dangerouse!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
But you cant overhype him easily.. I dont know ANY so skilled finnish player, specially at that age. He challenges all the time and every situation where he takes part on offensive zone is dangerouse!

Not only does he do it beautifully, move with real grace and show real will to sacrifice his body... He doesn't back down and does NOT make mistakes!

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

I agree he's not that far away from Koivu. He might be even better offensively atm. Best foward so far for team finland. Välivaara is best player of the game so far Granlund is close.

I remember people wrote that Granlund is an perimeter player before draft... Hes opposite of that lol.

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
Not to hype the kid even more, but it's a joy watch Granlund play.

Is Granlund supposed to be this good already?

Definetely the best player for Finland so far, he makes Koivu look average. Minnesota, you got a new #1 center..

Peter K

Dec 30, 2009
Latvija
The next one will be crucial. It's either a tied game and possibly tense and good hockey, or a comfortable 2:0 for the Finns and a boring match till the end.

As for Latvia, one word: speed.
Haven't got any.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Not only does he do it beautifully, move with real grace and show real will to sacrifice his body... He doesn't back down and does NOT make mistakes!

And one more thing, he knows where he puts the puck before he gets it like great players do. When puck comes to him, he one times it with a hard pass tape to tape, it gave välivaara and immonen that time and space in that goal for example. He didint take it, hold second and give it after it, but he one timed it to the välivaara from the corner. That gave välivaara more space and he made a great play.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
As for Latvia, one word: speed.
Haven't got any.

Hmm, it's probably our fastest roster in Elite division ever. No Lavins, Sorokins, Sprukts, Skrastins. Finns are simply thaaaaaaaaaaat fast.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
Hope Latvia can get some more pressure.. Never liked Finland.. They still have a chance here.. It wont be that big of a lead for Finland in this one... Latvia can win if they play right.

TexasTriumph

Apr 30, 2011
I guess you're not watching the game.

They are dominating the game but its still 1-0 and are not putting it away... You let Lativa keep getting PP and chances.. Then this is hockey.. Finland needs to put them away and just aren't...

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
There's no way Latvia'll win this one... No passion whatsoever.

I disagree on the passion part. They seem very ready to play the body and work hard.

What isn't working for them is that they have one play which they try to get to all the time. The soviet stretch pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad