World Cup: Group B: Portugal vs. Spain, 6/15/2018

Result?

• Total voters

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
I like the Portugal lineup. Still have concerns about the centerbacks. Would think dias is a sub early in the 2nd half for fonte

Love the fact that Fernandes and guedes wre both starting

Reactions: N o o d l e s

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Portugal's starting CB duo has a combined age of 69...

Indeed. And it’s their concern for sure. They need pretty much the same performance from Pepe and Fonte that they got two years ago, which is unlikely because Fonte has definitely lost some and Pepe didn’t get suspended two years ago. The bench options at CB are questionable at best. Dias offers hope, but is like likely too green.

At the same time, I maintain this is Portugal’s most talented squad since 2006. Now, Spain is Spain, but for the last decade+, opponents could legitimately focus solely on shutting down Ronaldo and getting a result. I think that if teams focus solely on shutting down Ronaldo at this tournament, they could get burned.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Indeed. And it’s their concern for sure. They need pretty much the same performance from Pepe and Fonte that they got two years ago, which is unlikely because Fonte has definitely lost some and Pepe didn’t get suspended two years ago. The bench options at CB are questionable at best. Dias offers hope, but is like likely too green.

At the same time, I maintain this is Portugal’s most talented squad since 2006. Now, Spain is Spain, but for the last decade+, opponents could legitimately focus solely on shutting down Ronaldo and getting a result. I think that if teams focus solely on shutting down Ronaldo at this tournament, they could get burned.

With guedes and Silva up front with him that would actually be the worst decision. Ronaldo seems to actually be more trusting of late.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Looking forward to King Sergio putting on a show here. Hopefully he puts Ronaldo ten feet in the air within the first five minutes.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I like the Portugal lineup. Still have concerns about the centerbacks. Would think dias is a sub early in the 2nd half for fonte

Love the fact that Fernandes and guedes wre both starting

Yeah, those three attackers you have around CR7 today are certainly beauts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad