World Cup: Group B: Portugal vs. Morocco, 6/20/2018

Result?

• Total voters

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Ummmm... I guess kicking the ball into the upper deck will waste a bit of time too. But just holding it might have worked.

Reactions: robertmac43

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Unfortunate tourney for Morocco....hopefully they can salvage at least one goal v. Spain but I wouldn't count on it.

First team to be eliminated.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
how does herve renard have such a great record managing african national teams and such a shit record in ligue 1?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I wouldn't give Morocco too much credit for their play either. They were on the verge of being out of the tournament which naturally got them to push forward. Meanwhile they played a team quite content to sit on a lead (it's still quite amusing that Portugal of all teams has morphed into that).

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
You tell me Russia can’t beat this Portugal?

I would be very surprised.

It's nice to see Russia in the knockouts, but I would caution about getting to excited about beating Saudi Arabia and Egypt. How they perform vs. Uruguay will say a lot about their ability to compete in the knockout rounds.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

It's nice to see Russia in the knockouts, but I would caution about getting to excited about beating Saudi Arabia and Egypt. How they perform vs. Uruguay will say a lot about their ability to compete in the knockout rounds.
It’s not even about Russia, it’s more about Portugal, they fully rely on CR7, if he’s got s bad day, they seem terrible up front

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

And even against Uruguay I would be hesitant to put much stock in Russia's ability. If we see the Uruguay that came out in their first game then Russia should be pretty level with them.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
That was painful. That wasn't even grinding out a result, that was just being total shit for a whole game and getting away with it. Other than controlling possession I don't think Morocco were that good either.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
This Portugal team is Ronaldo, some other 9 guys, and the f***ing disgraceful Pepe. If not for the superhuman Ronaldo, this Portugal team would be so easy to despise.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Oh man is that embarrassing.

I don't know if it's as bad as Rivaldo's sell from 2002 but come on, man. Show SOME level of dignity, Pepe. :laugh:

I'd like for once to see a straight red card for such pathetic display. Rivaldo was worse, as it was Klinsman's in WC 1990, more so because it resulted in red cards for the players on the opposite team. Perhaps now with the VAR the referees will take a better look at this kind of disgraceful antics.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
That was painful. That wasn't even grinding out a result, that was just being total **** for a whole game and getting away with it. Other than controlling possession I don't think Morocco were that good either.

Come on, what about that pressing, say? They were poaching balls left and right. I was quite impressed by them, they couldn't turn it into real chances though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad