GDT: Group B - May 11 - USA vs Korea

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Oh, you are starting Darling? Yeah. I think I have a theory.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Wait, shouldn't it be South Korea or am I missing something here?

If we want to be technical, both North Korea and South Korea claim sovereignty over the entire peninsula. Their formal names are DPR (Democratic People's Republic <of>) Korea and Republic of Korea.

It's a similar situation with the People's Republic of China and the Republic of China (more familiarly called Taiwan). The ROC uses the name "Chinese Taipei" in international sports.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
This is ridicilous. Patrick Kane alone should be able to skate circles around this team. Seriously is american team just getting wasted after games or what?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Regardless of outcomes, I still think it's awesome to see South Korea here at the main tournament. Great experience for these guys that have probably never played anywhere close to this level (I know they have a few north americans on roster). Only guy I'm cheering against is Alex Plante who is a plug who was one of the worst players in my bantam AAA league that coasted on his dad's name to get an NHL contract for no reason.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Maybe Norway should take the game against Korea seriously

Norwegians commentators were very much "if we don't improve, we lose against Korea" after Norways gotten shut-out for the third game in a row, so we are there already. Never underestimate. But thank's for the tip ;-).

Don't think Korean goal was so weird though. I mean, it was weird. But I have seen those kind of weird goals before. So, more sympathi for Darling if you see what I mean.

Last edited:

Marky1999

Sep 5, 2016
Tbh I am all for Korea being in the top division, its just that players like Swift and Regan make me want them to go back down. I hope that next year Korea will play without their imports, and bring some young local players to develop a good team.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad