GDT: Group B - May 10 - Norway vs Canada

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Its nk a questions, its statement. Mcdavid is not the beat player in the world right now. That title goes to Crosby.
I respect your opinion, but I'm not talking about team accomplishments. When we talk about the best player in the world, we mean individually not "one of the best" players in the world who greatly benefits from playing on a super stacked team. No, Crosby isn't the best individual hockey player anymore. Hasn't been for 2 seasons now.

If he decided to suit up for Canada in this tournament, he'd be wearing the "A" and running the second line.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Is McDavid back to being the best player in the world?

I'm not sure. 3 goals, but not even one assist... I'd say he's fine, but no longer generational talent.

I don't think he ever stopped being the best player in the world.

During the previous game there was a guy who expected of McDavid... I think it was 2 goals and 2 assist or he would be mad at him and we had a little bit of fun over "ending" McDavid's career, because he didn't pull it off.

I respect your opinion, but I'm not talking about team accomplishments. When we talk about the best player in the world, we mean individually not "one of the best" players in the world who greatly benefits from playing on a super stacked team. No, Crosby isn't the best individual hockey player anymore. Hasn't been for 2 seasons now.

If he decided to suit up for Canada in this tournament, he'd be wearing the "A" and running the second line.

I wouldn't be so sure about the "A" with Crosby. Sure, if he gets added now, they wouldn't make McDavid give him the "C". But if both players were available since the begining, I'd say it would be Crosby with the "C", mostly because of seniority, experience and being a household name that much longer than McDavid is.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I think McDavid has already surpassed Crosby. I feel people who say he hasn't are just holding onto the past a little bit and factoring in team accomplishments too much like Stanley Cup victories.

I mean McDavid turned 21 years old just 4 months ago and has already won 2 Art Ross trophies with two 100+ point seasons. That is just filthy, the torch has been passed folks, lets just all be happy that it was passed to a fellow Canadian.

Reactions: Future GOAT

sportsdynasty

Mar 31, 2011
www.nhltraderumors.me

Clearly, Crosby is still the best player in the World. He proved it in the Stanley Cup playoffs. McDavid can rack up the points against weak competition at the World's, but he can't perform as well as Crosby does in the playoffs. McDavid plays on a great team with Drai and RNH, better wingers than Crosby has.

Also, Taylor Hall solo carried a weak Devils team to the playoffs with torn ligaments in his left hand since late December. Clearly, Taylor Hall was more valuable than McDavid during the regular season.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
Clearly, Crosby is still the best player in the World. He proved it in the Stanley Cup playoffs. McDavid can rack up the points against weak competition at the World's, but he can't perform as well as Crosby does in the playoffs. McDavid plays on a great team with Drai and RNH, better wingers than Crosby has.

Also, Taylor Hall solo carried a weak Devils team to the playoffs with torn ligaments in his left hand since late December. Clearly, Taylor Hall was more valuable than McDavid during the regular season.
Winning team awards like Smythes and Stanley Cups while playing for a stacked team in which some of your own team mates outscore you regularly over the last three seasons, doesn't make a player better. No, Crosby clearly isn't the best player in the world anymore actually, and he actually hasn't proved it in the playoffs. Two questionable Smythes that many people agree should have went to other players shows that Crosby didn't do enough to separate himself from his own team mates.

He's been outperformed by other players in the last two straight regular seasons, and was out performed in his previous two playoffs by Kessel and then by Malkin, and this playoffs was lucky to be tied for 1st on the Pens in playoff points with Guentzel and thus was unable to separate himself from him either. While Guentzel was doing things like winning series' with clutch game tying and game winning goals, Crosby was doing things like losing series' by shitting the bed turning the puck over to Ovechkin who then makes a play which ultimately seals the Pens fate this post season.

I appreciate your loyalty to him but a player can't be the best player in the world when he can't even separate himself from his own team mates.

Last edited:
Reactions: Instant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad