Euro: Group B: Denmark vs. Belgium, 6/17/2021

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Second straight away trip for the Belgians, if they win the group it seems they won't play on anyone's home ground for quite a while if at all. Obviously it would be very difficult to pick yourself up and play after what just happened, and Eriksen is also their best player and it has an impact on the matches. I'm not sure if everyone in Denmark is still thinking about the matches or what. Belgium looked very dominant, it shouldn't be an easy match for either team in theory, but we're way past 'in theory' at this point.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Yeah this will probably a very weird game. Even though it's still a few days away, I can't imagine Danish players will suddenly be fully focused on playing footie.

For Belgium, sadly Castagne is out for the rest of the Euro's. He's got a double eye socket fracture and needs surgery. Pretty bizarre to have two players with basically the same (rare) injury at the same time. Vertonghen (ankle/foot) could likely be out too. No word yet on KDB.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
A couple of takes from the recently held press conference from the Danish team:

1. They hope they can focus on the rest of the tournament, but it is not yet clear at this point whether they will withdraw from further play. I guess the next couple of days will tell, but the Danish association is hopefull.
2. All players are worn out mentally, some will most likely leave the camp for good as they are crippled beyond imagination and are right now talking with professionals. More on that on another press conference tomorrow.
3. Eriksen was dead for a brief moment. The team doctor did not want to comment anything else on the situation other than Eriksens condition is stable at this point and referred to the experts at the hospital.
4. Captain Kjær and Schmeichel are praised for their leadership on the field.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
My personal feeling is that Denmark will play, but they will not be dancing with Belgium. They are done and will be eliminated after the group stage.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I have faith in Denmark gathering themselves, but against Belgium that's not going to be enough.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Belgium takes this easily - Lukaku is a beast and caused havoc against Denmark in both NL games - Besides Denmark are still not on top - Not even all players have been back to the stadium to see if there are any triggers.

No, I think Belgium takes this 2 or 3-0.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Poll is closed but going for Belgium win. Beating Belgium is hard enough at the best of time, but don't think the Danes can pull it off with everything that's happened. Hoping for a strong showing by them though. Should be entertaining.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
2 changes for Belgium, Meunier comes in for Castagne, Denayer for Boyata

KDB is back, he will start on the bench. Hazard and Witsel too.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
They're holding a little tribute on the 10th minute to Eriksen. Everyone applauding. Belgium's idea.

Wonder if they do that if Denmark is in front 2-0 at that point. :laugh: They should keep it out of the game in my opinion.

Its time to move on from the incident. It has all been blown out of proportions at this point. Eriksen survived, unlike many others in the same situation. If anyone should be honored, it is the personal that saved him.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Belgium's press is not good enough. The wingbacks are not aggressive enough - fullbacks/wingbacks are always the outball against them. It's a big issue, the likes of Russia and Denmark not be keeping the ball against Belgium as easially as they have

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad