GDT: Group B • May 3 • France 2, Belarus 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Preliminary Round • Group B
flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

May 3, 2011 • 20:15 CET • 2:15 PM EDT

SteelArena.jpg

Steel Arena, Košice, Slovakia

France
Official lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
41 Pierre-Édouard Bellemare​
|
10 Laurent Meunier (C)
|
77 Sacha Treille​
|-
13 Luc Tardif​
|
14 Stéphane Da Costa​
|
80 Teddy Da Costa​
|-
28 Laurent Gras​
|
22 Brian Henderson​
|
21 Julien Desrosiers​
|-
82 Damien Raux​
|
17 Jérémie Romand​
|
9 Damien Fleury​
|-
-​
|
Extra Forward:
|
23 Nicolas Arrossamena​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
74 Nicolas Besch​
|
18 Yohann Auvitu​
|
3 Vincent Bachet (A)
|
84 Kévin Hecquefeuille (A)
|
-​
|
38 Thomas Roussel​
|
20 Maxime Moisand​
|
-​
|
21 Jonathan Janil​
|
-​
|
-​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
39 Cristobal Huet​
|
41 Fabrice Lhenry​
|
-​

Scratched | Reason
G 33 Ronan Quemener|
Healthy​
|-

Belarus
Official lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
11 Alexander Kulakov​
|
26 Andrei Stas​
|
23 Andrei Kostitsyn​
|-
18 Alexei Ugarov​
|
84 Mikhail Grabovskiy (C)
|
19 Dmitriy Meleshko​
|-
59 Sergei Demagin​
|
77 Alexander Kitarov​
|
61 Andrei Stepanov​
|-
10 Andrei Mikhalyov (A)
|
13 Sergei Drozd​
|
81 Alexander Pavlovich​
|-
-​
|
Extra Forward:
|
88 Yevgeniy Kovyrshin​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
25 Sergei Kolosov​
|
7 Vladimir Denisov​
|
43 Viktor Kostyuchenok (A)
|
89 Dmitriy Korobov​
|
-​
|
5 Nikolai Stasenko​
|
52 Alexander Riadinskiy​
|
-​
|
-​
|
22 Oleg Goroshko​
|
-​
|

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
31 Andrei Mezin​
|
2 Sergei Shabanov​
|
-​

Scratched | Reason
G 40 Dmitriy Michakov|
Healthy​
|-

OFFICIALS | -
wfi.gif
Sami Partanen|Referee
wfi.gif
Jyri-Petteri Rönn|Referee
wsi.gif
Matjaž Hribar|Linesman
wde.gif
Stefan Schulz|Linesman

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Anyone following this one? 1-0 France after 20.
I'm watching both games simultaneously, but mostly this game. To be fair France deserves to be in front, so far they are the better side.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
This tournament is crazy. It will be hard for Belarus in relegation round... I remember our games against Slovenia. It's hard to motivate disappointed players.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Awesome game !

I have to say France deserved to stay in Elite group after a very strong game vs Switzerland and another one yesterday.
France dominated the 1st and 2nd period, but sat back too much in the 3rd where Huet was a monster.
After Belarus goal, France came back with determination and scored a well deserved goal : it was like a Game 7 OT goal for us !
Crazy for us, fans behind the net, for all these years trying to come back to the elite group and fighting year in, year out to stay there ! :handclap:

Da Costa played his best game of the tournament. He wasn't sharp in the 1st games, taking too much penalty. He was far more creative vs Belarus, with a huge assist from behind the net for the GWG !

Best FW was probably Sasha Treille, who plays in Czech Rep. Size, good work along the boards, nice deflection.
Best D was Hecquefeuille (1G, 1A) : the former center played defense for the 1st time this season and this change was a huge move for us. He was all over the place and best D all season long, he was awesome yesterday ! :yo:

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Awesome game !

I have to say France deserved to stay in Elite group after a very strong game vs Switzerland and another one yesterday.
France dominated the 1st and 2nd period, but sat back too much in the 3rd where Huet was a monster.
After Belarus goal, France came back with determination and scored a well deserved goal : it was like a Game 7 OT goal for us !
Crazy for us, fans behind the net, for all these years trying to come back to the elite group and fighting year in, year out to stay there ! :handclap:

Da Costa played his best game of the tournament. He wasn't sharp in the 1st games, taking too much penalty. He was far more creative vs Belarus, with a huge assist from behind the net for the GWG !

Best FW was probably Sasha Treille, who plays in Czech Rep. Size, good work along the boards, nice deflection.
Best D was Hecquefeuille (1G, 1A) : the former center played defense for the 1st time this season and this change was a huge move for us. He was all over the place and best D all season long, he was awesome yesterday ! :yo:

I rly hope France will improve in the next years :) U got alot of young talents and a huge population :) It would be good for the sport!

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I rly hope France will improve in the next years :) U got alot of young talents and a huge population :) It would be good for the sport!

The team became younger. The staff worked a lot since 2008 when we came back to the Elite group. We became younger, faster, more physical. More and more French players are playing in higher leagues (several in Sweden, Finland, Czech Rep). For this tournament, we have 4-5 newcomers with interesting debuts.

The more we play in the "A" group, the more we progress. We'll play the Euro Hockey Challenge this year because we'll be in the top-14 in IIHF rankings, it's going to be huge to play all the big teams from Europe next season. A learning experience :)

With 1 pt already for the 2nd round, it's our best result since 1995 : we finished 12 in 2009 and will be better this year ! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad