World Cup: Group A: Uruguay vs. Saudi Arabia, 6/20/2018

Result?

• Total voters

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Uruguay sucks.

Whoever finishes behind Russia in this group is gonna be an easy out in the KO round.

They have definitely played like shit but I don't think they're an ideal matchup for a group winner to have to face in their first knockout stage. Tabarez has been playing things boring. There is a bunch of young talent he keeps leaving on the bench in place of older, worn out players.

It only takes one strike from Cavani or Suarez to change a game and I have faith in Uruguay being able to defend a 1-0 lead.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
They have definitely played like **** but I don't think they're an ideal matchup for a group winner to have to face in their first knockout stage. Tabarez has been playing things boring. There is a bunch of young talent he keeps leaving on the bench in place of older, worn out players.

It only takes one strike from Cavani or Suarez to change a game and I have faith in Uruguay being able to defend a 1-0 lead.

I actually didn't realize Uruguay already are through, so my "whoever finishes" 2nd take is off. ha

I'm not seeing it with Uruguay. I'm sure they're capable, but they just look old and average.

I think there's a lot of nostalgia kicking in too if we're saying just wait till Suarez takes over.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I actually didn't realize Uruguay already are through, so my "whoever finishes" 2nd take is off. ha

I'm not seeing it with Uruguay. I'm sure they're capable, but they just look old and average.

I think there's a lot of nostalgia kicking in too if we're saying just wait till Suarez takes over.
I said this after their first match. I am guilty of expecting 2010 or 2014 Uruguay.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If Spain doesn’t beat Iran or if they win big, Russia will know if they need to lose or not lose to face Portugal rather than Spain

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
16 goals shy of that 17-0 prediction by someone here. Hf experts on point this years WC.

Still waiting for this Uruguay powerhouse to show up... must be waiting on Mueller to score his 5 goals. @cgf

Reactions: cgf

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Every game, one of the first posts of the thread is "it's going to be a blowout", etc...
Don't people ever learn? Today's football doesn't seen many blowouts. Even when teams aren't good, they're well organised.
We've had two blowouts so far (Russia and Belgium).
People calling for blowouts like in tonight's Spain/Iran game dont' watch many games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
16 goals shy of that 17-0 prediction by someone here. Hf experts on point this years WC.

Still waiting for this Uruguay powerhouse to show up... must be waiting on Mueller to score his 5 goals. @cgf

I did say that I worried the Saudi’s would bunker up n not play with the courage that they did against Russia to limit the damage...which i’m assuming is what happened based on the score, as I missed the match cause I’m driving back to Chicago from SF and only watched the first match before hitting the road today as this is the longest leg of the drive. And I rallied against Tabarez’s cowardice in the first game, which I am assuming combined with the more negative approach from the Saudi’s to suppress the scoreline

Remind me tonight or tomorrow to get into the spiel i’m working on about the differences in the way Miro’s movements worked for Müller vs how Werner or Gomez’s movements do. Cause I think I’ve figured out why Müller sucked in 2012 & 2016, but launched himself up the career WC goals list with just two tourneys but I’m done pumping gas so don’t have time to write it all out now

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad