GDT: Group A - May 13 - Switzerland vs Sweden

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
A very nice goal by the Swiss. Can't complain about that shot.

Yeah, Untersander just rifled that one in... and Diaz' shot belongs to the same category in terms of awesomeness. Just fantastic how he circled around his opponents, and then finished with an absolutely wicked shot! :popcorn:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Looks like we have a game, still don't get it how Switzerland can still be into that game.

Fischer took a very smart decision in the 2nd period and changed his lines 1-3. Andrighetto took over as centre in the 2nd formation between Fiala, and Meier who left Corvi's line. Didn't notice who replaced Meier there (I think Hofmann - right?); anyway - 2nd line-centre Vermin went on playing wing on Haas' 3rd formation.
The newly formed Andrighetto-line brought the change of momentum, when Diaz scored, and they were close to getting the equalizer when Hofmann had a very good point blank chance where he hits Nilsson with his shot at the mask.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Scherwey played beside Corvi and Nino. Yeah, that Hofmann shot could (or should) have equalized it.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Scherwey played beside Corvi and Nino. Yeah, that Hofmann shot could (or should) have equalized it.

Thanks! ;) So, he changed all four lines. Speaks for Fischer as a coach that he reacts to bad game developments, and adjusts his lines - I had the feeling it worked.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Well that’s just awful.

One thing was made clear in this game IMO Hellberg should be the starter.

While I do agree that Hellberg should be the starter, I wouldn’t base the decision on this game.

He seriously wants everberg with forsberg and arvidsson?!

Some media people... Don't have all pancakes in their pancake drawer, y'know.

I think Mattias just wanted to give some well deserved cred to those kind of players. He didn’t really answer the question of who should play with Forsberg and Arvidsson.

Granqvist wanted Kempe, which sounds good. But I’d try Lias Andersson even though he hasn’t played alot. Forsberg drives to line. Arvidsson works hard and has his real intensive forecheck. And Lias has a knack for just being at the right place at the right time. Could work really well.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
when will you stop hating jacob de la rose and johan larsson?

thinking a player is not good enough is not hating. lias time will come, but he is clearly not ready for whc how can you not see that?
Never saw this, but have I ever said anything bad about DLR? I want him as a center, his natural position, in place of Larsson, who has a good defensive game and wins most of his FO's, but he's pretty mediocre in the O-zone, same with Everberg.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
It was really never close. Swiss had 5-7 min of attack when swedes slumbered.
Swedes played them around for 55 minutes. Swiss goalie was good. Swedes didnt score on many chanses. Could been 10-0

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
I don't know what game you saw but if you need a big-save from your goalkeeper to prevent the equaliser about 10 minutes from the end that's what I call a close game, no matter how dominant Sweden was the first two periods. And I agree, it probably should have been more than 3-1 after 40 minutes, shots were something like 30-10 by then. But Switzerland somehow was able to stay into that game. The third period was overall pretty even then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad