GDT: Group A - May 13 - France vs Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Despite scoring 6 goals the Czech production was terrible. This was the kind of game where Canada or Russia scores 10+ goals. Hopefully Faksa line is saving some goals for the QF because they have been absolutely inept.
Anyway, pond hockey. Hate how we get all the strong teams at the start and then play the outsiders just before the QF. On the other hand, I expected France to be much better than this.

Can't say I'm mad about 6 goals... I think we only allowed 1 shot in the third and that is important. Terrible game of course but I enjoy watching Czech teams dominate as I've also watched a lot of asskickings over the years (especially at U20 where we can lost 5-0 with a little too much regularity).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Despite scoring 6 goals the Czech production was terrible. This was the kind of game where Canada or Russia scores 10+ goals. Hopefully Faksa line is saving some goals for the QF because they have been absolutely inept.
Anyway, pond hockey. Hate how we get all the strong teams at the start and then play the outsiders just before the QF. On the other hand, I expected France to be much better than this.

Had my son's birthday party so just had it on in the background but at least to the second part, I agree it's not ideal having the games set up like this, but in terms of our performance in the group I can't feel so bad about it. We managed to get a solid amount of points out of the tough games and are now riding it out. It's hard to predict what it will mean for the team come the QF, but when I look at a team like Russia (with the exact opposite) plowing through the start and now finally running up against good competition, I have to imagine they're second-guessing whether it was a good thing as well. Again, we'll see what it means, but it's pointless to complain about the schedule and I'll take the clean sheet as a positive indication. Swedes only beat them 4:0, they're not complete pushovers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad