Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Could be a pretty even game.
In preparation, it went :
Slovakia win, 4-0
France win, 3-2

Slovakia has some good moments, but doesn't seem very sharp offensively. Ciliak was very good in the nets.
I have more trouble to assess French level. They played Russia and Sweden and I don't think anybody will fare well vs them. But the win vs Belarus was convincing.

Interesting game for relegation (France) or quarters (both).

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Just love this tournament and always appreciate the threads & the posters from all over the globe who give insights.

I'm assuming Auvitu is back in on the french side?

This seems like a battle for 5th and 6th. Swiss and Czech look too strong to miss quarters & one of Austria/Belarus look to be headed for relegation.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Just love this tournament and always appreciate the threads & the posters from all over the globe who give insights.

I'm assuming Auvitu is back in on the french side?

This seems like a battle for 5th and 6th. Swiss and Czech look too strong to miss quarters & one of Austria/Belarus look to be headed for relegation.
I agree. Would be a massive surprise if France managed to reach 4th place, because we have 0 win vs Czech in worlds history. Plus, we have only 1 quarter appearance in 20 years, back in 2014.
Auvitu will probably be back, yes. The lone question mark was Gallet. At this point, I still don't know oof he's going to play or not.

Reactions: Bobby G

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
I agree. Would be a massive surprise if France managed to reach 4th place, because we have 0 win vs Czech in worlds history. Plus, we have only 1 quarter appearance in 20 years, back in 2014.
Auvitu will probably be back, yes. The lone question mark was Gallet. At this point, I still don't know oof he's going to play or not.

Curious how you (or anyone willing to chime in) would rank Slovakia/France/Austria/Belarus going forward for rest of the tournament

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Curious how you (or anyone willing to chime in) would rank Slovakia/France/Austria/Belarus going forward for rest of the tournament

I think you have them more or less in the right order. Slovakia is not the team they used to be, but they have a strong top 4 on defense and a few forwards good enough to put them above the rest. France doesn't have the talent they had a few years ago and doesn't look that good on paper, but Henderson has had them playing above the sum of their parts for years, and their team play plus some timely goals from Da Costa should be enough to pull them above Austria and Belarus. Austria has some experienced, if unspectacular, players, plus a few interesting young guys, and came close to stay in the top pool during their last two tournaments in 2013 and 2015 (both times they won two games but ended up last because of some unlikely combination of results). I don't think they have enough quality to challenge for more, but winning the right games to avoid relegation should be possible. Belarus is a strange case, even though they lost some depth as well as their difference makers over the last few years, they still have some quality players that should be able to put them above Austria and France, but they just look completely harmless on the ice and play with absolutely no structure. Difficult to see them win any game based on what they have shown so far.

Just my two cents, now watch France beat Slovakia and Belarus go on a winning streak just to make me look silly. :D

Reactions: Bobby G

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Well, we have been quite active in the 1st and first half of the 2nd, but not much to show for it, still can be anyone's game.

maximafinogenov7

May 10, 2018
Slovaks are definitely better, but must play whole period and not only few minutes. If they do, France dont have chance.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
This was better than Austria but that's not saying much. The PP is awful, they need to fix it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad