Euro: Group A: ITA vs. WAL, TUR vs. SUI, 6/20/2021

Who advances?

• Total voters

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is one of the more simple scenarios in the tournament here.

If Italy wins or draws, they pass through in first place. If Wales wins, Wales finishes first.

Switzerland is extremely likely to advance with a win. Turkey may not advance even if they win. A draw and they're both definitely going to be gone. Switzerland would also have to overturn a big goal difference in order to finish second. Because the other teams haven't played out their groups, it's impossible to know who the third place team here could play.

Three may advance, all four technically can advance, and potentially only two will advance.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
games is at the same time. Which should be more intresting? I cant decide. Italy vs Wales is battle for 1st place but either team is not desparate. Swiss and Turkey have one last chance, but still even with a win for either team they might not advance. I guess im going with Swiss vs Turkey. I always liked Shaqiri, hopefully he leaves Liverpool to get more playing time.

member 305909

Wales certsk;ly looking forward to finish second to meet Finland/Denmark/Russia in the second round rather than some group winner.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I think I'll go with Wales vs Italy, Wales could get a draw from that one tbh cos Italy may as well rest some players and lay back a bit.

I know Sui vs Tur is the one I SHOULD be watching but the quality from the Turkish team has been so bad that I can't be bothered too and the Swiss are always more conservative than they need to be. Might change at the half though if it gets more interesting.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
FORZA!

Good call to rest the starters... I hope

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
I know its because of how many teams there are in this tournament now...but the format for the round of 16 is bizarre. Either the winner or runner-up of this group plays another group's second place team. There's truly no real incentive to win your group here.

Reactions: ellja3

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
"Another scorcher in Rome"...

They should just do every Euro in a Nordic country now maybe toss a bone to Estonia/Latvia/Lithuania too this will only get worse with global warming.

Reactions: ellja3

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Swiss score on their first chance, it was all Turkey to start but they will probably fall apart now. Swiss can still finish second if the GD goes their way and Wales lose

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Veratti brings a dynamic element to the team bringing the ball up the field. Curious to see how they fit him in going forward.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Did they water the field before the Italy/Wales game? The ball has a lot of drag on it...

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Two Swiss attacks and two goals, both shots outside the box. Still likely to finish third unless Wales lose by a couple goals

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So apparently the ref in the SWI-TUR game was caught attending a Balkan mafia party where there were hookers, drugs and cash. Nothing suspicious for UEFA though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad