GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Finland vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria
Matthews made two poor mistakes and had the puck bounce off him for a goal.

But other than those moments I thought he showed a presence with the puck that few others in the game could.

Was quite impressed and think a lot of the "hate" in here is fairly unwarranted.

----

Larkin is awesome. Smart. Fast. Tenacious. Hockey sense. Really liked him.

Thought the young defenseman were nervous early. Werenski especially had some puck bobbles.

Carlo is a really intriguing prospect for the draft. Sort of seems the sky is the limit. I need more exposure on him.

Deangelo was very good at both ends today.

The most hyped ones will always get the most critique, guys who do give the most critique does think that hockey is only about scoring points and making flashy plays. So far Puljujarvi is leading race for #1 2016, heard someone comparing him to less physical but more explosive winger version of Lindros.

arsmaster*

The most hyped ones will always get the most critique, guys who do give the most critique does think that hockey is only about scoring points and making flashy plays. So far Puljujarvi is leading race for #1 2016, heard someone comparing him to less physical but more explosive winger version of Lindros.
I didn't think Puljujarvi was more impressive than Matthews today at all.

Looked a good player but Matthews has a much bigger presence.

EverybodyLovesRay

Sep 21, 2008
Husso was great and it will be hard battle for the #1 starter for the Finns. kapanen didn't impress me, cant say that i'm surprised, most overrated Finn in a long time.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

He looked huge. How big is he?

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Husso was great and it will be hard battle for the #1 starter for the Finns. kapanen didn't impress me, cant say that i'm surprised, most overrated Finn in a long time.

He just played a bad game alright? Stating that he's the most overrated Finn in a long time needs a little explanations. He's gone 16pts in 19games in Finnish Elite League this season.

I guess you haven't seen many games from him am I right? He's gonna show his skills tomorrow.

1967th Heaven

Aug 31, 2012
This is stupid.

One game isnt going to prove anything and until we see a head to head matchup I wouldnt say much at all right now.

He said "so far" though and I agree. From what i saw today Eichel just looks like every time the puck is on his stick he is in absolute control of the game. So strong and quick.
Yes It IS only the first game but I think he's been more impressive so far

Last edited by a moderator:

Leehh

Oct 8, 2011
Austria

Not sure did we watch the same game, Matthews almost lost the game for USA, Puljujarvi almost won the game for Finns.

arsmaster*

Not sure did we watch the same game, Matthews almost lost the game for USA, Puljujarvi almost won the game for Finns.

But you were first talking about the draft.

One guy to me showed a presence at the level of some of the best players in the tournament vision wise.

To me he looked like a better NHL prospect. I don't worry about those two mistakes.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania

Agreed. The way Matthews skates and handles the puck for a kid his size is simply incredible. Every time I watch him play I am left drooling.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He said "so far" though and I agree. From what i saw today Eichel just looks like every time the puck is on his stick he is in absolute control of the game. So strong and quick.
Yes It IS only the first game but I think he's been more impressive so far

I understand but it is still one game...the same people writing off Austin Matthews after one game are jumping to conclusions on this as well.

Eichel was great today but one game isnt going to change scouts minds...neither will a short tourney like this IMO...Eichel has to be dominating for him to jump McDavid not sure that can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad