The Slovaks made the Slovenian goalie look like Hasek in his prime. :laugh:

The D really sucks, too.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Awful, simply awful.

The Slovaks made the Slovenian goalie look like Hasek in his prime. :laugh:

The D really sucks, too.

Expect a much better performance once Hossa, Handzus, Visnovsky and Sekera arrive.

Any word on whether or not Kopecky will arrive? It's hard for me to keep up as I'm in South Africa currently.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Expect a much better performance once Hossa, Hanzus, Visnovsky and Sekera arrive.

Any word on whether or not Kopecky will arrive? It's hard for me to keep up as I'm in South Africa currently.

Kopecký´s 99,9% out, Sekera is out 100%. Ľubo has arrived toinight, but supposedly needs 5 days of rest before he´ll be able to play.....

justPlay

(>‿◠)✌
Jan 10, 2009
Expect a much better performance once Hossa, Hanzus, Visnovsky and Sekera arrive.

Yes, they will get better. However, there is no excuse for such a poor performance against Slovenia(!). The team looks much better on paper, yet they can't score to save their freaking lifes. To me though, the D looked as the biggest issue. :help:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Although a loss is a loss, still Slovenians shouldn't have taken out their goalie. 2:1 still looks better on paper.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Yes, they will get better. However, there is no excuse for such a poor performance against Slovenia(!). The team looks much better on paper, yet they can't score to save their freaking lifes. To me though, the D looked as the biggest issue. :help:

I hope Gáborík was just getting used to the big ice etc., because not scoring a goal with the chances he had is a sin.

Although a loss is a loss, still Slovenians shouldn't have taken out their goalie. 2:1 still looks better on paper.

I´m pretty sure that 2-2 looks better than 1-2 and that 1 point is better than 0. They had a legit chance to tie the game.

Last edited:

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
One more time: Thanks God for Satan. It's unbelievable, this man score always, our team need him to do it. Man of the match: Tomáš Surový

However I'm afraid of our defence: Majeský (slow, terrible passes), Graňák (like a dancer), Baranka (he looked like he's afraid to create something).

And I got a feeling, Hanlon need to split Demitra and Stumpel. We strongly need at least one more elite center (even when Handzuš will arrive) and first line (Gáborík - Stumpel - Demitra) is in my opinion too soft... Or??

likid

Mar 27, 2011
Maribor
Although we lost today, I'm very proud how our team played today. We are well awared that our most important games will be in relegation round. But this game will certianly boost our confidence.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Although we lost today, I'm very proud how our team played today. We are well awared that our most important games will be in relegation round. But this game will certianly boost our confidence.

Respect to Slovenian players. They played great game. And with Kopitar and Muršak you would be tough oponent almost for everybody... :nod:

zamo86*

Respect to Slovenian players. They played great game. And with Kopitar and Muršak you would be tough oponent almost for everybody... :nod:

And Urbas form Växjö Lakers, so basiclly a whole first line. Not that other teams arent missing their top players, but that is just too much for a country with around 100 18+ players.

To bad for that post at the start of the third period when the score was still tied.

Pajicz

Mar 22, 2011
Credits to Slovenia's first line (Rodman bros. and Razingar), they were dangerous throughout the game. Ales Kranjc and Kristan did also perform well. I liked one Slovenian's name: Rok Pajič. Nice surname, don't know where I've seen something similar... Slovakia's best players in my opinion were Satan and Tomas Surovy, who did set up Satan couple times, one leading to a goal.

Demitra was really surfing last night, no effort at all. Shouldn't be on the team if he isn't motivated, which would be suprising when playing on home ice in front of enthusiastic home crowd. Maybe it's about opponent?

I believe that Gaborik has chances to even become the MVP of this tournament when he gets to his best form. He has great speed and awesome wrist shot, especially the release is lightning fast.

Did anyone else notice the biased refereeing?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Credits to Slovenia's first line (Rodman bros. and Razingar), they were dangerous throughout the game. Ales Kranjc and Kristan did also perform well. I liked one Slovenian's name: Rok Pajič. Nice surname, don't know where I've seen something similar... Slovakia's best players in my opinion were Satan and Tomas Surovy, who did set up Satan couple times, one leading to a goal.

Demitra was really surfing last night, no effort at all. Shouldn't be on the team if he isn't motivated, which would be suprising when playing on home ice in front of enthusiastic home crowd. Maybe it's about opponent?

I believe that Gaborik has chances to even become the MVP of this tournament when he gets to his best form. He has great speed and awesome wrist shot, especially the release is lightning fast.

Did anyone else notice the biased refereeing?

Yeah, I did notice a few things that should have been called on the Slovaks, especially in the 1st I think.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad